• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New store for Western Washington & beyond

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looks good guys...i am going to have a new favorite LFS!!!!

Awesome...we hope everyone is happy with the finished product and we welcome feedback. We really want this to be a special place where people want to come by, even if its just to talk tanks and see whats new!

I just read through your 240 thread. The tank looks sweet! Puts the 20 gallon freshwater I had at 16 years old to shame.

I just read through your 240 thread. The tank looks sweet! Puts the 20 gallon freshwater I had at 16 years old to shame.

thanks, but it took alot to get it....the last couple of years i havent really had a life because i was just working with my dad trying to save up money. i am now at a hault for putting stuff in it though as i have seriously ran out of money:shock: .

i guess i will just have to keep saving till you open!!!

I'll post more pics of the progress we're making later tonight but I wanted to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to Chris, Chris, Matt, Mark, Brad, and James, who all came by and helped us out with the installation of our sink and with the painting of many of our aquarium's backs and bottoms. We really appreciate what you all did for us.

Cy and Tim

Hope you guys didn't work too hard. It was nice meeting you guys (James and Brad). Hope to see everybody at the frag swap and thanks for putting more ideas in my head (Brad and Mark) with the big tank.

Matt

Last edited:
Latest pics of the new store.

You can see the ceiling is finally in. Some of the tanks are getting their white bottoms and black backs painted on. The sink is in and the front counter found a final resting place. The live rock tank needs to be plumbed and so does the 210 gallon RO/DI water holding tower. Check out our ELOS product information thread for info on the exciting new line of extremely high quality products we are bringing in.

Thanks,
Barrier Reef

From what I could tell this is going to be a very nice store, not a typical LFS. Sorry I had to rush in and out this saturday. The boss had a few important cases she was working on and the cellular internet network wouldnt work near the store. We'll be back up as soon as you guys get the doors open.

Thanks for the great salt deal
Don

Elos is here! Pics coming wed/thur. Progress is slow but things are coming together. Store use CFI system sumps, CoralVue T-5 lighting and halides, PFO ballasts, and Lumen Arc Mini's were all delivered earlier this week. If anyone wants to come see the shop in person just let us know through PM and we can make arrangements.

Thanks!

PS...You're welcome Don!

New Elos Goodies!

Hey folks!
Since Cy does all the online work I thought I would do the deed to post my once a month post. Here are some pics of the Elos merchandise that we have received. We are still waiting for some misc to arrive like the halide light system that will be suspended over the aquarium. In case you wondering the system is the 60cm system which I believe is around 39gallons or so.

More pics!!!

Here are a few more pics.... The last picture is of the all in one filter system that the Elos systems come with. They have a filter sock that the protein skimmer drains into to remove any bubbles and particles, a series of media chambers, and a built-in auto top-off system. All pumps used on this system are Eheim. No burned out pumps with this system.

Last edited:
Store Pics

Here are some new pics of few of the changes to Barrier Reef. Slowly but surely looking more like a fish store.

Hey I drove by and around the store yesterday and couldn't find the entrance. All I found was the denstist office and saw an aquarium through the window. I know I had to be close!

We are around the back of the dentist office. There is a short sidewalk that leads up to our door. Before we open there will be signage to guide everyone back to us and a glass door so you can see in a little. Currently, there are no signs and just a metal door that doesn't look very inviting. All to change soon! We hope to be open by mid-November. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back