New to the scene

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks! Yeah, I've done a lot of re-arranging in the beginning, trying to make it have a lot of caves/tunnels and nooks/crannies. I was working on it again, but the clowns seem ( one in paticular ) seems to be a bit bitey! The anemone in the middle of the center rock really seems to like that spot, hasn't moved at all.

Everything came together nicely!!:) On the anemone, it sucks you can't ever place them where you want to in the tank. They move to where they like it best. This is not good for people with OCD who want it in a certian place! :p

Thanks, it was a bit un-nerving at first as I'm pretty hyper critical on the details, but things seem to be smoothing out. The rock work was fun. You can't tell by the cell phone pics, but there are TONS of pass-through's through the entire thing. The Anemone seems to be staying put, which makes me happy. It really seems to like the lil diced up squid bits I feed em. I'm really happy that the water has cleared up and is crystal clear. Now I'm just working on playing with the reef-octopus 150 to dial it in.

OK, finally.... Lighting update :yawn:
2011-09-14195253.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/ginsterdub/saltwater/2011-09-14215519.jpg
2011-09-14195322.jpg

2011-09-14195400.jpg

Pic of only the 2 all blue strips:
2011-09-14214743.jpg

Pic of both - 2 all blues, 2 50/50's 10k
2011-09-15063602.jpg

Pic of just the 2 10k's
2011-09-15063619.jpg

misc pic

Last edited:
Thanks! My main focus when working with the rock was to allow as much surface area as possible as well as much crevices/tunnels to allow personal space and swimming/exploration. My cell pics don't do it as much justice as it deserves. I'll see how well 2 of each do, might add a stick of each to the front area.

Hey, glad you found Reef Frontiers and :welcome: to the Salty Side of the hobby. It looks to be a 72g bowfront and if so a std 15 or 20g should fit (10g sump is usually to small for an appropriate sized skimmer, heater and return pump)
Keep us posted and when ready, myself and others I'm sure would be glad to share some macro, seed gravel etc... once ready. Beyond that, after everything has settled would also be happy to donate a starter coral/zoa pack to you.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd,
Now as things are settling in, I might have to hit you up on that starter coral/zoa pack.

I think I'm now down to the following:
- validating if I need some additional lighting ( increased PAR )
- doing some additional landscaping (affixing my current corals, zoa's etc to temp/perm locations) and shift around a few live rocks
- start monitoring calcium/magnesium
- making sure that there are pods a growing in my tank ( just added another container of reef pods last night )

Current Fish/Invert Count:
- 2x Fancy Snow Onyx Clown
- 1x Rose Anemone
- 2x Purple Chromis
- 4x Green Chromis
- 1x Saphirre Damsel
- 1x Tiger goby
- 2x Bangai Cardinal fish
- 1x Molly
- 1x Phillipine Yellow Tang
- 1x Jumbo mandarin goby
- 1x Clown Fairy Wrasse
- 1x Six Line Wrasse
- 1x Red Snyder goby
- 1x Yellow Rose Shrimp Goby

- 1x Flame Scallop Clam
- 1x Golden coral banded shrimp
- 2x Cleaner shrimp
- 3x Peppermint Shrimp
- 2x Turbo Snails
- 2x Nassarius
- 10x Pink margarita snails
- 2x Hermit crab

Over the next week, I'll get correct names for the corals, zoa and paly's that currently reside in my tank. Pics to come soon.

Yeah, gonna have to put some in my refug to get some growing. I have some nice algae sheets to put on my clip to try and deter flame algae mowing.

So far they are doing fantastic. Super active, always in the open, eating well. It's exciting to see the water way busy with activity. On the same note, from what I can see, pretty much all of my corals are much larger than when they were introduced and seem very colorful and happy.

That bubble anemone is beautiful.
Everything is looking great.

Pretty lazy security guard you have there.

Thanks! Yeah the bubble anemone seems to be really happy. I periodically feed it some squid bits and it stays put. Pretty much every coral /zoa/etc that I picked up at the frag swap has grown. I seem to be doing something right!!!

Heh yeah, that is his natural state most of the time, pretty mello puppy.

Back