Now Hiring!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
+++ 200 - I agree, moderating a board is NOTHING more than just being there, and being active :) There is never a reason why anyone who is (or could be) staff should feel like or consider themselves police.... :spy: :spy:

who is they??? I'm assuming its only illegal if "returnofsid" gets caught, right???? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: - if there are no pics or facebook posts mentioning said procedure it never happened, right?? :evil:

Exactly!!

Again, I appreciate the nomination Krish, but I think I am going to bow out at this time. I dont think I really have the time. Working full time and away from home for 13 hours a day, yeah I am online most all day, but only in the background and checking in once in a while, does not really give me a lot of time for much else. Right now I think I would like to just enjoy being a member(friend;))
Thanks again
Lorrie

Not a problem!! Thanks for considering and atleast sticking around! :D

Scott, ummm...do you plan on detailing the initiation procedure or are you worried that no one will accept nominations? Come on, it's not that bad. Doesn't leave any permanent scarring, doesn't taste that bad, okay, yes it does...but they won't lose THAT MUCH hair...and it's only illegal if they get caught.

Well if an 'Old' Newport Grizzly can handle it, I'm still in. Or maybe just a glutten for punishment/abuse.

Well if an 'Old' Newport Grizzly can handle it, I'm still in. Or maybe just a glutten for punishment/abuse.

mwahahahaha Michael's OLD!!!! OLD OLD OLD :)

LOL Well, in nominating Joanne, I hadn't taken that into consideration, but I think if a Grizzly can handle it, so can a Deer Park Stag, which was one of Newport's rivals. Gotta love Hick Towns!

hmmmmmm we Stag's are born losers... pretty sure I'm well conditioned for all forms of public humiliation ;)

Keep um coming!! From what I have heard and seen,Joanne would be another great person to have here!! This thread is all full of top notch members. Many more out there as well so add your name. Only member in question here is keeping Sid. He's a knucklehead :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't make any public referrals but my two male votes are eww and myteemouse for the list.
Two long term solid members IMO. Yes Lorrie I voted for you also :) Too bad your stepping down. You have a good head and are loved here. You should try it out first if your picked and se how it go's. It's only probationary anyhow. If it's not working it is easy enough to go back to the way it was.

Yea, Lorrie...Plus you won't have to do any dirty work that us RF Staff and admins have to do sometimes:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, thanks guys... I guess I can give it a shot. See how it goes. I'd love to help out where I can.

Also, Frankie's suggestions are great ones as well that I'd support. Said it once, twice and will say it again...RF is a great community of great members hands down. Sooooo many great members here. Such a tough call which is probably why Scooty decided to go this route. Too many outstanding members to decide between. :)

LOL Peer pressure is a MOFO huh Ipisces ;) You'd do a great job.

HAHA yeah!
No really, I would like to do it. I just dont want to let anyone down if I find I dont have time to do it.
And thanks
I think you would do a great job too!

Well, thanks guys... I guess I can give it a shot. See how it goes. I'd love to help out where I can.

Haha! No pressure Lorrie. Here's a little something to explain why...

You weren't around, but the New To Reefkeeping section we have was started a few years ago by Chuck (mtndewman) and it was setup with plans for me to moderate it because he felt I had a passion to help newbies so he wanted to set up this thing and have me run with it. I accepted the task and I wasn't "RF staff", but rather just the moderator of that one section so I only had a few mod powers for that section alone and no-where else on the forum. After a while, life became too much for me with moving into the new house, having children etc and so I stepped down and gave up the position so RF Staff had to take over from there. About three years later of being pretty much inactive on the forum, I was asked (well kinda told :lol: ) to get my butt back here as they wanted me to be RF Staff this time around. Life had settled enough for me and so I accepted (can't get away from RF if I wanted to because I love this place). As you can see, no grudges were ever held at all for me stepping down a few years back as well as being absent and that would be the same for anyone who gave this thing a shot, but felt it was a bit too much for them to handle and they stepped down. Nick (Maxx) gave up an admin position he was given because he felt he couldn't live up to it and opted to remain just RF Staff as time permits and so he offers his time when he can which is all that will be expected by anyone. We love Nick no less because of it. We all have lives outside of RF and do what we can here as time permits. If you've noticed, Mike (mojoreef) has been absent for quite a number of weeks for various reasons and so we take up the slack which is another reason for needing the extra help. Members/mods to fill in a few gaps when others may be absent for various reasons. As Scooty mentioned, the bigger problem issues of RF, RF Staff and admins will handle (this where we sometimes have to be the "bad guys") and so you wouldn't have to worry about getting your hands dirty (so to speak) so give it some thought, but only take a shot at it if you feel comfortable. We will love you no less if you don't want to accept the challenge or if you did and asked to step down afterwards. This is all voluntary work. My 21,000+ posts I don't get a dime for LOL! All out of a passion for this forum and for the hobby. :)

Last edited:
No, I am not worried about anyone holding it against me if I step down. I know no one is going to do that! Go ahead and put me back in the running.
I've been around here a couple years now, I want to be more involved and I should get more involved where I can.

Can I use equipment over money? I got 2x 180G's and a 100G for bid!!! BTW Krish I couldn't figure out how to make my last post have sarcasm in it....

Thanks for standing behind me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back