Now Hiring!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the short time I have been in this hobby I have followed more than one forum. I have to say IMO this is the best by far. Sure you can get advise from other forums, but this site takes it to another level. Members here a truly concerned about your problem or situation. They also take interest in who you are and what you are about. This thread is showing all members I speak the truth.
Thanks to all that have stepped up and accepted the nomination, And a big thanks to all staff members who have shaped this site.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks again, Peppie

Whether that be goung to visit thrawn at his petco job or inviting a beginner overto see my system to explain the plumbing and what worka for me.

I don't think I've been on here long enough to be qualified to nominate somebody, but I would like to put in a good word for Seth. I was very surprised by his willingness to come to my work on his own time and give me some pointers. Thanks again man!

I didn't make any public referrals but my two male votes are eww and myteemouse for the list.
Two long term solid members IMO.

Thanks for the nod Frankie. I'm just not sure if my experience level at this point in time is up to modding. After all, I have only been in this hobby for just over a year. Becca says I am definitely here enough to do it :D so I guess I will default the the other member wishes here. If I'm wanted I may as well give it a shot. No biggie though if not though.

My nods go to Todd (TJL) and Kirk (NC2WA). Both are a wealth of information and all around great guys and understand there are so many "right" ways of doing things in this wonderful hobby we have all come to be hopelessly addicted to. Great level heads as well. Martin (mfinn) and Mike (herefishyfishy) would also be great but I think they are ones who are happy just being members and not worrying about being mods. I still think they are still worth a mention though. There are so many others that are invaluable on this site. It is impossible to list them all.

Eric

Even though I don't post much I have kept a good eye on the goings on and found you very level headed. Aquarium experience comes in time but people skills are a natural talent.

Shoot, with all the resources this site has, a seamonkey could do it if all you needed was aquarium experience!

Like Krish has been saying, this site has some pretty solid members and it will be tough to chose from all of them. I am just mentioning the ones that have made an impression on me.

Also we need other names here in this thread if we want to have a good list to go through. All the other mentioned names have been mentioned already :D

Personally I would like to see some more chicks in here. Too many dudes already. Were gonna have a Weenier episode soon if were not carful~

I think I heard from a little birdie that by Sunday, we will be finished with the nominees and will be narrowing the list down to a select few so if you want to toss out your name or someone elses, try and do it before Sunday. :)

This isn't going to be easy, when you start posting up the names and then I think back what has this person done here and have they been they type that would mesh in with the existing staff and still come here just as always and really not let the new title change who they are now? Can that be done? Are they going to come here and have just as much fun as before? Really when you think about it, that is all we want, the other things are just a bonus for the staff, a little extra support. Being a good member is as simple as helping a friend, someone you can trust to talk to/pm to etc and will happily point you in the right direction. It doesn't require knowing anything about reefing etc but doing the right thing as you would for your best friend or best-est new friend. We have new members that I see and read many of their post and support and then we have members that have been here a long time and still participate, believe me it doesn't go un-noticed, If I would reply to everyone I thought was doing a great job, I'd have to quit life and replay to everyone LOL!:hand: Anyways it is good to have the support!
Thanks everyone, and Yes Sunday I think we'll be ready to announce the first cut! :tape:

WOW I didn't read this thread before now.. I am a little shocked. I guess my infamy proceeds me..
I wold LOVE TO be a mod. I just don't know If could be on enough to help out.
I would love to try but With Training every night after work and Working from 6am - 5 pm I really don't know if that's an except-able amount of time to be a mod on .here. A little feedback from other members and mods to this decision would help ???

I would be up for doing it. My reef is 15 years old now. Started my first salt water tank in 1974.

It would be a great op to get to know everyone better. I spend a lot of time on the board.

WOW I didn't read this thread before now.. I am a little shocked. I guess my infamy proceeds me..
I wold LOVE TO be a mod. I just don't know If could be on enough to help out.
I would love to try but With Training every night after work and Working from 6am - 5 pm I really don't know if that's an except-able amount of time to be a mod on .here. A little feedback from other members and mods to this decision would help ???

Time is something we offer when we can. None of us can be here 24/7 (well maybe some ) but the vast majority can't. You have a group of mods that can compliment one another and your problem is solved where time issues are concerned. In one persons absence, another person is there to fill in the gap so you don't have to count yourself out Mr. Karate man :p ! I can't be here all the time although it seems like I am. I stay logged in on my phone while to work and every few mins I'll take a quick peek to see what's going on, make a quick post or two and then get back to work. I get home, I log in on the computer and just check back and forth as I can while spending time with the family. Days like today that I am home with my back acting up, you'd see more of me, then there are days, I don't even get to make a single post because I'm so loaded with work and life in general so it's all volintary work and time which you provide as you can. :)

Last edited:
We still have a bit more time to throw some more nominations into the mix. I will bump this thread again tomorrow incase some may have missed it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back