• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I spoke with Rafal. He says the hanging kits work but they are not designed the way he would like them. He says that the height adjustment is so close to the ceiling that it makes them extremely hard to use. In Brett's situation he is afraid that the weight of the lamp will pull the the part in the ceiling through because the light weighs so much. He is confident they will work in most applications but is afraid they are so complicated we will not be able to figure out how to use them. I asked for detailed instructions but I don't know that we will be getting them:( Pac Sun is taking a stance that each customers tank, ceiling material, mounting method is different. They cannot cater each hanging kit to every possible situation. While I see the logic in this I believe that their marketing should address this before a purchase is made. Brett...I will contact you personally to see where we go from here.

Brett...Adam is coming over today to take some quality pictures today..I will make sure there are detailed pics of the mounting legs to give you an idea of what might work...I definatly understand your frustration with the hanging kits..I am very glad I opted to go with the legs in the first place..I would be equally frusterated!!

Oh yeah....1 more thing....Big propps to Barrier....You guys are a prime example of what customer service means...Thank you so much for you Quality!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure on this...The way the legs are set up is that they span from the front to the back of the tank...with adjustment for different tank dimentions...Then the units sit on 4 pins which are also adjustable so the fixtures are centered....I will post pics just as soon as i possibly can....If I had to designe legs..I would have made them so they span the tank from side to side....it would make for a bit of a more clean look...in my oppinion!!

I think we would be better off to customize Brett's mounting/hanging than to use either of Pac Sun's standard options. I am concerned that the legs will not allow the canopy to rest on the tank. Also, his light is huge. Very wide. I wonder how easy it will be to clean the tank when you can't slide or lift the lights out of the way. Using the legs would lead to this...I think? I think the hanging kit, with a few small modifications will do what Brett wants. Either that or I have a few other ideas which we have used on other customers tanks. None of these cost much and if you want, Brett, we will do the work and buy the few parts. Its really no big deal. Brett, I'm going to call you around 3pm to chat options.

Cy...I agree with you in terms of the size of the fixture..I didnt realize his was so big and bulky..just based on mine..Mine are just so tiny..I love that...I can easily work right around my fixtures! I honestly feel you are going above and beyond to help him out...That proves my point about your Quality....In the end..Brett will be happy..I am sure of this....Not with the overall process but with the end result!!!Pac Sun does need to be more clear to their customers of the needs for hardware and software.....

in the lamp:
hg2.jpg

hg1.jpg

hg3.jpg

hg4.jpg

the "barrel" part must be attached to your ceiling and withstand the weight of the lamp:

hg5.jpg

Last edited:
Ok..So Adam came over and took some Quality pics for me...He promised to post them in this thread...we tried to take some detailed pics of the hardware...hopefully it helps..maybe gennerate a few ideas!!

in the lamp:
hg2.jpg

hg1.jpg

hg3.jpg

hg4.jpg

the "barrel" part must be attached to your ceiling and withstand the weight of the lamp:

hg5.jpg

Great, how are the barrels supposed to attach to the ceiling? The barrels arent threaded So you cant screw into them. You say they are designed for "european ceilings" are European ceilings magnetic? Do people in Europe have some sort of standardized mounting hardware those barrels are supposed to slide into?

expending screw

Great, how are the barrels supposed to attach to the ceiling? The barrels arent threaded So you cant screw into them. You say they are designed for "european ceilings" are European ceilings magnetic? Do people in Europe have some sort of standardized mounting hardware those barrels are supposed to slide into?

I have to say these mounting bracket thingies are REALLY sturdy and heavy duty..
More than I would have expected and the adjustable post thingies are a way cool feature..
I got to watch Shane turn them from 18K-25 K
and back again one at a time and then back. so cool.

may30051.jpg

may30050.jpg

may30049.jpg

may30048.jpg

may30047.jpg

may30046.jpg

may30045.jpg

may30044.jpg

may30043.jpg

may30042.jpg

may30041.jpg

BTW it has water dripping from it cause I was moving some acans around in his tank and gluing some things down for Shane..
MY FAULT and I hope he don't kick my but for getting all that Saltwater on his new toys :(

Now I know I've done WAY better with my pics but we were only there for a bit and it was more of just a casual visit than anything.
Next time I will diligently attempt to get the pics better for you Shane..
these were just re sized straight off the camera ..

may30032.jpg

may30031.jpg

may30030.jpg

may30028.jpg

may30027.jpg

may30026.jpg

may30025.jpg

may30018.jpg

may30016.jpg

may30015.jpg

may30012.jpg

may30011.jpg