• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Only my actinics :)
I'm going to make a one off DIY pair of 1 1/2"x48" w/12 3w Creeleds w/ 80 degree optics
w dimmable drivers ..
that will be 24 royal blue 3w cree led's on my tank this is just tio replace the icecap 660 and 2x 48" T-5's

Brett, after seeing those pics of the hanginig kit a solution for the 60" Phobos should be pretty simple. Especially since you are using a canopy. Like we talked about...drill through the canopy but then distribute the weight further out from the four points. You could also skip the cables altogether and put some rails in the canopy for the whole unit to rest on. I think this would be my choice. More even weight distribution. Rafal indicated he is going to share photos of his custom in canopy installation for a 48" unit. I'm sure Steven has some great ideas as well. Get me through PM later this coming week if you guys want any input on your mounting customization:)

Now we know...the hanging kit does not satisfy every installation. This will be brought up before any future customer makes his/her purchase.

this is my first take - 4 wood blocks screwed inside of the canopy plus metal stick from Home Depot.

IMG00071-20100531-0831.jpg

1 question about the program...It seems that after I set up my settings,and after I close out the blootooth,the settings are not saved...am I missing something here..????

please press 'probe' to read your current settings from the lamp. once you leave the software and re-open - default settings appear. you need to press 'probe' to read your current settings.

1 question about the program...It seems that after I set up my settings,and after I close out the blootooth,the settings are not saved...am I missing something here..????

Rafal..Jeff called me and walked me thru the settings..We got the moonlight Phase set up as well...thanks for all of your help!!!!

if you set the moonlight to follow natural moon cycle and you set it at 10% or lower - you may experience "dark" nights :) please keep that in mind.

any questions - let me know and I will help out.

Rafal..Jeff called me and walked me thru the settings..We got the moonlight Phase set up as well...thanks for all of your help!!!!

Just wait for Brett to jump on the conversation by Thursday. I hope he ordered ProColor of KZ Fiji Purple 80W T5.

I didnt have time to do anything this weekend since I was really sick and also had to help out wife a little bit.

SAAAAAWWWWEEEEETTTTT I was bragging on your light today to a friend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark nights are ok...But I set them up @ 10% for now..I will see how I like it..Thats what is sooo great about this..If I dont like it....I can just open a window and make it how I like it..lol....I am still learning the software,and in time it will be just like navigating Reef Frontiers...second nature..lol!! Thanks to everyone for all of their help with this...I am still learning computers and software and reefing and...well shoot..I guess you never stop learning!!!:D

ok...so i have got it figured out...My problem was not in the settings...On my left lamp..I set it up through the controller...say at 19k....it sets correctly....then the temp fades to more like 10k....I thought it was the settings,but it is actually the blue's on the right cluster of the lamp..they are shutting down leaving only the whites running on that cluster....what is going on? The left cluster on that lamp is fine!

John - please clear your memory as per pic below - do it twice. set your settings again and let me know the result.

5-31-20109-11-28PM.jpg

ok...so i have got it figured out...My problem was not in the settings...On my left lamp..I set it up through the controller...say at 19k....it sets correctly....then the temp fades to more like 10k....I thought it was the settings,but it is actually the blue's on the right cluster of the lamp..they are shutting down leaving only the whites running on that cluster....what is going on? The left cluster on that lamp is fine!

ok so now i have cleared twice...set up new settings....once i disconected the bluetooth...all blue's went out except the two centeres.....whites stayed on!!

Back