Peppie's 180 Reef-Room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Uh, that birds mouth on the front dog leg looks not quite right. Hehe jk. Coming along real nicely now. One more day before you get paid to do this. Keep us updated on the free work tomorrow afternoon.

Uh, that birds mouth on the front dog leg looks not quite right. Hehe jk. Coming along real nicely now. One more day before you get paid to do this. Keep us updated on the free work tomorrow afternoon.

I kinda figured you would catch that birds mouth. I wasnt quite level so I had to cheat and install a shim. LOL (its not really cheating)
Unfortunately I have been out of work for about a month. But I have got a lot done on this build. I probably logged in 40 hours this week on it. (if not more)
I did get a call from work this week. They have work coming up in a week or so. Good thing, I am running out of play cash.

Looking good my friend. It's starting to look like a real live fish room. Are you planning on keeping the blue backgrounds facing outward on the fuge and WC tanks or are they just like that to protect the fronts during construction? Maybe someday we will have time to get up there again and see this in person.

Looking good my friend. It's starting to look like a real live fish room. Are you planning on keeping the blue backgrounds facing outward on the fuge and WC tanks or are they just like that to protect the fronts during construction? Maybe someday we will have time to get up there again and see this in person.
Thanks for stopping by Eric,
It wont be a LIVE fish room for a few more months. Funding and the amount of work left will see to that.
The blue tanks facing backwards will stay that way. (Spinner will appreciate the color). There is no need to see inside either of the tanks. I wont feel guilty about needing to clean the faces if I cant see them. LOL
I also like the blue with the overwhelming white background.

I've been lurking and watching all along and will continue to do so. Your builds are to great an entertainment to miss :D

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

Thanks Eric.
Lets see how many people people find this new little project entertaining. LOL

Water-Out

Back in the framing stag, I mounted this 2'' bulkhead in the wall. I ran an 1 1/2'' pipe thru the bulkhead to extend a foot or so outside.

Drain

Found a new home for the ceramic bunny's that call this home up in the attic

Found this in the trailer the other day when I was digging out rock. Use to be a mixing barrel on a smaller system. I am telling you guys "Dont throw anything away, you just never know"

After a little magic marker work this is what will support the drysink

The blocking is to screw the sink base into.

I opened the front so I could reach underneath to hook up the plumbing, and screw it to the wall.

From above

I have a room full of water! I have to get rid of some of it at one time or another.
I would highly recommend any one building a tank room or large tank of any kind to have a floor drain, sink, or at least plumb the WC system into the house.

Good thinking Dave.

Thanks Duane,
I should have posted this up after Grunts reply.
The dry sink will exit water from the DT waterchange tank, RO/DI waste line, RO/DI emergency overflow line. And the frag tank waterchange.

These lines (2) coming out of the barrel are for ATO, one for the DT, one for the frag tank

Yes this barrel has a lid

Even had a little time to make it look nice

Some may think it is a bit complicated, but is really quite simple. Water has to come in Water has to go out.
I cant wait to do waterchanges on 2 systems and dont have to take more than two steps. No buckets, or hoses or pumps to fiddle with. Just turn some valves.

Lol I use to have a sump with a sticker that said that!
Looks great peppie. Waiting patiently as possible. Lol
-d

Quick update.
There may be a huge plan -B- in the the near future.
Out of the blue, someone else wants my CFI custom tank....... hhhmmmmmm........
Dont want to jix anything, should know more soon.

Really? I wonder who? I know I really have my hands full with a 300g reef tank.........now a nice lighty-stocked, easy maintainance african cichlid tank I could see! yeah I could really see that sittin where my 120p is now!!!

So then a six foot long by three foot deep by 30 inch tall tank will take its place? That would be a real nice 270 gallon display tank.

Back