Peppie's 180 Reef-Room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey i used that stuff in my build! Put a sheet on the wall behind the sump. Great stuff.

is this stuff hard to install?

never even thought to put it back there.. wonder if i could slide a piece in behind and still make it stick to the wall..

is this stuff hard to install?

never even thought to put it back there.. wonder if i could slide a piece in behind and still make it stick to the wall..

It is not to difficult to install. It can be cut with a circular saw, jigsaw, tablesaw, or a utility knife. You will need to buy the correct glue. There are 3-4 different brands that will work. They are listed on the plastic sheet. I used a 3/16'' notched trowel to spread the glue on the wall. Set your panel in place and roll out all the air bubbles. Starting from the center and work your way to the edges.
You will need aprox 1 gal. of glue per 2 sheets.

I thought it would be a great idea to cover the walls that will have a tank up against it. I was also concerned about moisture transferring from the fishroom side to the livingroom side of the wall.
This plastic will be easy to clean and provide an excellent waterproof covering for the two fishroom walls.
I started in the corner by spreading the glue on the wall.

I couldnt believe it required about 1/2 gal. of glue to hang 1 4 X 8 sheet of this plastic.
It took me about 6 hours to hang all 5 sheets.

I kept the full sheets near the top of the 10' high wall. The small sheet at the bottom is tucked up underneath the tall sheet. This will keep the water draining down the wall to the floor

Where the tank sits up against the backside of the livingroom drywall I installed the plastic all the way around. Dont want moister transfer here.

The hole in the fishroom wall is larger than the size of the tank. I want to be able to get to the algae magnet in there to clean the sides

So, how many electrical outlets do you need to set up a reef tank?

oh, I see....THAT many!:doh:

Lookin good Dave!

I think I have more in the fishroom than I do in all three of my bedrooms and 2 baths.
Never know..... I need just 1 more place to plug this in.....

You need at least 24 outlets for a reef system. I once counted 54 on my 500G system. That was when I decided to start finding ways to cut electrical costs.

You need at least 24 outlets for a reef system. I once counted 54 on my 500G system. That was when I decided to start finding ways to cut electrical costs.

Wow, 54. Isnt that crazy!
I thought I had a lot plugged in on my new tank. But I only count 17 things actually plugged into power strips.

NICE! Very very nice Dave, starting to really look like this will be "The Peppie Build" we've all come to expect and admire.

Cheers, Todd

Looking great.
What are you planning on doing for the floor?

LOL Funny you asked, I cant go to all this cost, and work and leave the floor unattended.
This was left over from a job from work. It will make the room look so much better. Not to mention the protection it will add.

NICE! Very very nice Dave, starting to really look like this will be "The Peppie Build" we've all come to expect and admire.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd
I guess I have set the bar fairly high from my past builds. LOL
I have had plenty of time to plan this build, there are no reasons to cut corners or jury rig anything at this point and time. Although I am still pretty early in the whole project. LOL Time and money will be the deciding factor.

Next on my to do list is get this stand blasted and some Acrylic primer and paint on it.

I pulled out my new Harbor Freight Abrasive Blaster. I also bought 400lbs of blasting sand.

Kevin and I screwed with this piece of crap for 2 hours. Couldnt get it to work for more than 2 min at a time before it would clog up.
I should know better by now. You get what you pat for regarding tools. SHAME on ME!!
I pulled out the trusty 4'' grinder with a heavy duty wire wheel on it and had all odf the surface rust off this beast in about 2 hours.

I put 2 coats of Cold Galv. (zinc spray paint) on it then rolled 2 coats of acrylic primer on. I will let it cure for a few days, Then apply the marine top coat.

looks great. bud. I was just there but I may need to come back to see this massive progress.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Thanks Ben,
You are more than welcome to just drop by anytime.
Things are moving at a quicker pace now that I have finished installing the rock on the face of the house.
No more "Major" Honey Do Projects this year.

Back