Peppie's 180 Reef-Room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Any body (probably old school guys) ever use this In-Line heater? It is rated 1000watts.

Mike found it in his shed, never used it!! Peppie score

I have made some more progress the past few days.
Here are some pics of the 2x6 wood platform framing. The notch on the one end of the 2x6 is to sit on the inwall sill. I drilled some holes for a 1'' to 1 1/4'' drain line from the DT overflow to the fuge that will sit lower on the other end of the DT.

This is how it will sit on the stand and into the wall. There will be no separation in the platform while it transfers from the stand to the sill. I was afraid if I sat the tank on 2 different structures I would or might have settling issues

The 1 X 6 that is attached to the 2 X 6,
runs down the side of the steel rib. This will give me wood material at the ceiling of my stand. Might need to hang something from the ceiling of the inside stand. Lights, plumbing, whatever...

Top view of the above.

No aquarium build is complete without a least one American DJ Powerstrip. This will be an 8 plug unit. I recessed into the wood so I cannot accidentally turn off any switches if I were to bump up against the fascia where it is mounted.

Here you can almost see the tops of the buttons

Te DJ will be on the right side of the stand. About waist high.

This is the other side of the stand. The hole in the top right corner is for fuge plumbing. (runs thru the inside the platform)

:faint:Detail...Detail...Detail a white water proof fish room very nice....you win..lol
I slept at a Holiday Inn last night:sleep:

I cant help myself. The paint on the stand is still wet. That didnt stop me from placing the sump under there and getting some Ideas on how to mod it.
Did I mention that this skimmer is a touch over kill?

I have a feeling I need to reduce the neck height of the skimmer so I can get it down into the stand.

Looks like there is some acrylic work coming up.

I don't know skimmer looks good may want to wait and see what you think once your build/system is running? BUT everthing you have done looks great so cut away if you must:(

I don't know Dave maybe your fish would like a room with a view.......... of POO!

Cheers, Todd

It is time for some new pics.
I framed the platforms for the fuge and the water change tank. I didnt want to have the supports straight down to the floor. It seems to make you think your feet are in the way. Maybe I am just weird! LOL

Te shorter tank is the fuge. The taller tank will be the water change tank.

Te framing on the back wall will support a walkway platform, that will double for the light/hood for the fuge.

The lid will be on a hinge so I will ave access to the fuge.

Now I can walk all the way around the tank for maint,

Plenty of room to hang a fuge light

Dave,

nice pics. Can we get some front pics of what it looks like from the living room??? (ie, butt in chair shots) :D

Back