PEPPIE's ALL IN ONE re-DONE !!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I don't know how you continue to outdo yourself Dave, but DAMN! you did it again!

Cheers, Todd

That thing is awesome and such a beautiful piece. Cannot wait to see what you have in store for your next build project. :D Reminds me that I need to finish up on my build now that the nice weather is gone. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks Alex,

I have been wondering if you have been rubbing one out. The HOOD. My gosh people get your heads out of the gutter. LOL
I have a couple of really good ideas for a new build. I just need to ease into it the right way with the boss.

I don't know how you continue to outdo yourself Dave, but DAMN! you did it again!

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd,
I some times surprise myself. I know I am not the only one who sits back and says. What If......

Sorry to hear some of your new fishes had problems. Hope you fair better on your next batch.
BTW I picked up a Pyramid Butterfly the other day. Cool Cool fish. Thanks for the recommendation

Cheers, Todd

Agreed, when I grow up I want to do one like that!!:crutch:
I think you should sell it and build a new one! :eek:Well so we can enjoy that build also!:target:

Agreed, when I grow up I want to do one like that!!:crutch:
I think you should sell it and build a new one! :eek:Well so we can enjoy that build also!:target:

Thanks Scoot,
I am seriously considering doing just that. Something in the 120gal range, with a Birdseye Maple stand.

It has been a while since I have updated this thread.

Hersey (Stuart) is to thank for this post. He was kind enough to donate 4 T5 retro with a 660 ballast so I may grow some real corals. Instead of the (as Mojo would say) fungus that lives in my tank.LOL

The tank has been maturing very well. I had a close call with Ick, Only lost one fish out of 10. Lost another to the overflow to the skimmer. He clogged the pump. Chromie.

I am excited to get the T5s up and running. I ordered 2 Blue plus, 1 Purple plus, and 1 Auquablue. I will use 2 65 watt CF for the start up and shut down cycle.
I was informed to use some screen to acclimate the tank to the lights. I was told to use 3 layers. Peeling one layer per week.

I needed to get the CF off the lid first
lightst5004.jpg

I am glad I thought this out when I put all this together. LOL I just unplugged the lights and pulled the drawer runners out of the brackets.
lightst5003.jpg

With the CF off I just mounted the T5s to the bracket and added 1 65 watt atti. CF to the front and one to the back of the fixture.
lightst5010.jpg

I got the unit all assembled and installed back into the runners. I added a small moon light with some zip ties for night time effects.
lightst5023.jpg

I couldnt see taking the time to build a frame for the screen, being it is only temp. Clamps were much quicker
lightst5005.jpg

lightst5006.jpg

Quick look at the tank with no wood surround.
lightst5007.jpg

lightst5008.jpg

Eric and Becca were nice enough to offer me a couple choice SPS for my first additions to the tank. As soon as all the screen is gone. I cant wait to re do my rock scape for the new additions.

The tank looks a little dark with the screen on, but it will be alright for a while.
Thanks again Hersey!!!

Looks like you might have some real lighting there finally Dave. So with your high tech screen system, does that mean you will have to go without the wood surround for 3ish weeks?

Looks like you might have some real lighting there finally Dave. So with your high tech screen system, does that mean you will have to go without the wood surround for 3ish weeks?

LOL, I was almost embarrassed to post a pic of my screening. I put the woodwork back up, I will keep an eye on the tank for the day. Dont know what to expect, heat wise. Every thing seems to be OK for the past couple of hours.
I sure can notice the color difference in the tank even with the screen.

You are the master of builds! That is beautiful!!!

Thanks Bob,
I would'nt say I was a master of builds. Maybe a Jack of all Trades and a Master of None. Well pretty close on the woodworking side, but there is still a lot of aspects of wood working that I have no idea about.

I am glad you enjoyed the thread. I will be starting a New Better Bigger Build soon.

Being new to the site I'm slowly working my way through threads. Beautiful system. Mahogany right? Very classy! I didn't see any dovetail work on the acrylic? :) You wouldn't see any seams giving out if we went that route! Again, nice work.

Thanks halmus,
Yes it is African figured Mahogany. My wife had choice of wood for this cabinet.
I'm afraid the dovetail work on acrylic would have to be done with a CNC or a router jig. I have yet to cut a dovetail without using a sharp chisel and a real fine tooth saw. ( call me old school ) lol

Seams are doing fine on this build. You cant even see the corner gussets any more.

Just finished up adding gussets to a sump I bought for a larger build!!! I will sleep better at night. LOL

Back