PSAS September Frag Swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How much is it to join? My wife and I would like to attend the frag swap. We really don't have anything to trim back....yet, but we are always looking to buy more stuff :)

I will bring some star polyps, some hammer and maybe some others. Hoping to pick up some frogspawn or maybe some nice sps (some good frags of staghorn) and maybe some chaeto for my refugium (oh wait, I guess I should try to get a sump and a refugium before the fragswap!)

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find out if there is enough interest in having Steve Tyree come up for the swap.

We have a list of available LE surplus and other exotic corals available for this trip (to help pay for the cost of the trip) :) , if you would like to see the list, please PM with your request

If we get enough response in the next couple of days, we will schedule the trip.

Thanks
Frank

As with everything...

This is a double edged sword.

I'm still really looking forward to getting involved, but being sooooo close (and yet so damn far) away from being ready for corals is all but killing me.

Guess I'd better get off my butt and get the plumbing finished, huh?

Looking forward to meeting all of you, and seeing your incredible treasures.

Sam

Well since this is an early evening event, I will pop in after work at 8:20 or so, I might even try to shift my hours so I can get out at 7:00, that being said, anyone who wants some Xenia, or a bag of cheato, let me know and I'll have the wife bring it.

Last edited:
LOL!!! hey i like how the 2 of you double post in here :D
now,Ken please if Jiddy comes to this one, don't forget your Bikini and the bracelet :lol:

ACK! Please tell me that it is a morning event!!! I was planning on driving to canada AFTER the event! I have to be in Vancouver by 6pm. Meaning that I need to leave Pauls by 2. Tell me something good? :D

jesshimom said:
Should have final information soon. I expect it to start at 6pm or 7pm. So anyone have any of the items we were looking for?? surge protectors, lights, cords, etc??? Don't forget memberhsip renewal time, and we got our cards and they are very cool this year! See you all there!

Thats where I got my info Shauna.....Good time for me:D ...Bad time for you:( ....I guess they can't make it work for everyone..... Besides you don't need to go to Canada;)

Hi Shauna!

Other than the yearly picnic and tank tours, most of the PSAS events are in the evening.

I'm sorry that we've not been on-the-spot with info regarding the frag swap, but we've got BOD members out of the country plus I'll be gone at MACNA so Skimerwhisperer (Mark), jesshimom (Colleen) and Fragman (Paul) are having to do all the work at this event. We really could use any and all help with equipment, set up and tear down.

also, i think it would be really great to have steve tyree and frank barr's frags available to us, but they wont be able to afford the trip if they dont pre-sell some before hand, so i urge every one who is interested in limited edition, high quality, colorful frags to p.m. tropoasis and ask for the availability list to see if there's anything you want, you wont be dissapointed :)

Here is my official "shopping list", I am now eating top ramen, not paying the light bill, not paying for the kid's school lunches this week, and not driving for one day...so I should have some money to spend.

Other than a used sump, kalk reactor or a nice pump (Iwaki or similar) I am looking for a nice little branching frogspawn or a branching alveopora, a staghorn (nice colored yellow or blue or green slimer type), some blue ricordia if its out there, some good green or orange zoos, and if anyone has them, a pair of golden banded shrimp maybe???

Of course I could be open to some "impulse buying". :)

Maybe we can prepay for some corals from Steve and Franks to help with their trip, but I also want to "support" the locals too

Just a simple observation (personal opinion mind you) ...

I thought the intent of our september meeting is primarily a local area frag swap ... sounds like it is turning into more of a commercial venture event if you ask me.

MtnDewMan said:
Just a simple observation (personal opinion mind you) ...

I thought the intent of our september meeting is primarily a local area frag swap ... sounds like it is turning into more of a commercial venture event if you ask me.

I have to agree here with Chuck.

Look forward to the event ;) although at this point, I probably will bring only two types of frags...unless someone wants some clownfish..

Thanks,
Ilham

Hello everyone, evite will be out shortly. We are in need to some folding tables and everyone should bring a folding chair if they wish to sit!

ALso, could use a couple small 115-20 gallon tanks, any light strips out there are well would be great.

Please let us know, we are trying to get everything organized.

Please send me a PM if you have supplies to bring or else we are going to have to rent some tables. If that's the case, I'll be looking for a recruit with a truck!

THanks, COlleen

i just noticed that people were interested in having steve tyree and frank burr come up to sell some frags, i know i am. no one ever mentioned that we should only allow "locals" to attend our frag swap. besides, doesnt it help us as locals to expand our collections by trading or purchasing frags from other non local farmers? i dont know about you guys but i have picked over local frags for a few years, i want some new blood!....just my opinion :)

Back