Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So I've been thinking about my fish list. So far I know I will have my Chevron Tang, Powder Blue tang and maybe a Achilles, Flamefin Tomini or Purple Tang and a Majestic Angel. The rest of the fish population will be 2 or 3 maybe 4types of schooling fish (I need some suggestion with this). I was thinking a school that likes to swim in the open and ones that like to hang out in the lower half of the tank and a couple different pair of goby and shrimp pairs. What does everyone think about my fish list and what are your suggestions.

Thanks, Sarang

Thread fins and chromis are on the list but I wanted to see if there are more exotic types out there. Also too I don't know if my flow will be too much at 17000GPH for these types of fish.

Thread fins and chromis are on the list but I wanted to see if there are more exotic types out there. Also too I don't know if my flow will be too much at 17000GPH for these types of fish.

some cool wrasses would be nice and benefit to the tank though :).

With my Chromis they are always in the current they love to play in it. I think some people under estimate these little guys when in a school together they are pretty cool. I have 3 right now and actually thinking of adding a few more.

well where are the pics of the pipes my friend?

Which pipe are you talking about:D J/K? Oh the pipe we installed yeterday in the crawl space :lol:. My SD card decided to take a crap on me so I can't use my DSLR. I have to find the wifey's point and shoot camera to take pics. I will try to get some later todsay after some errands.

Last edited:
With my Chromis they are always in the current they love to play in it. I think some people under estimate these little guys when in a school together they are pretty cool. I have 3 right now and actually thinking of adding a few more.

The chromis are on my list but I wanted to get some more exotic types. I know I am weird that way:badgrin:. I like the uncommon and unusual.

Got the plumbing done in the crawl space. I'm going to work on the sump this weekend and if I get my OFB this week too I will glue that to the DT.

OK been a while since I updated. So today with Chad's help we got the stand for the sump, refugium and frag tank built. We also siliconed on the overflow box and siliconed the baffles in for the sump. All left to do now is paint the sump stand put in 2 20amp circuits. I am hoping to have water in this by the end of april. Here are some pics.

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

Back