Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aren't you done yet? Where's the water? joking....looking good man. Can't wait to see it with the rock in.

I'm almost there. Project is at about 50%. Only thing major left to do is the plumbing and possibly put in a seperate circuit just for the equipment in the garage. I'm just as anxious at getting this thing filled with water as you are Reed. I will let this tank cycle for a few months or more before anything goes in it besides maybe a green chromis to jump start the cycle. You know I told you that my plan was to set up a bigger tank and that was what almost 2years ago and now I finally am setting one up. So I hope my patience for not putting anything in this tank is as good as my patience waiting on setting up the bigger tank. The plan also too is to get all my equipment except for the MH bulbs and maybe the ballast. So this way I won't have any lights besides the T-5 actinics to support any corals. I hope that will keep me at bay from putting any corals in there LOL. Wish me luck

I'm almost there. Project is at about 50%. Only thing major left to do is the plumbing and possibly put in a seperate circuit just for the equipment in the garage. I'm just as anxious at getting this thing filled with water as you are Reed. I will let this tank cycle for a few months or more before anything goes in it besides maybe a green chromis to jump start the cycle. You know I told you that my plan was to set up a bigger tank and that was what almost 2years ago and now I finally am setting one up. So I hope my patience for not putting anything in this tank is as good as my patience waiting on setting up the bigger tank. The plan also too is to get all my equipment except for the MH bulbs and maybe the ballast. So this way I won't have any lights besides the T-5 actinics to support any corals. I hope that will keep me at bay from putting any corals in there LOL. Wish me luck

Good plan, Sarang. I would let the system cycled for a month or two with vho or so... and might have a whole buch of green stuffs like macro algea or maxicana... stuffs that will go to the refugium later...

Thats what I'm doing..
Running the system for a month or so with just cured live rock in it.. and the T-5's on..
Maybe one fish..

Thats what I'm doing..
Running the system for a month or so with just cured live rock in it.. and the T-5's on..
Maybe one fish..

That's what we all say. Then that one fish will turn into 2, cause you don't want the first one to be lonely and maybe a couple shrooms. Then you figure why not something else, I've already got those in there and they are doing fine. :D

That's what we all say. Then that one fish will turn into 2, cause you don't want the first one to be lonely and maybe a couple shrooms. Then you figure why not something else, I've already got those in there and they are doing fine. :D

Naw... not all. I have plans for how and want I want in this tank to be and with no invasive softies!! Been doing this long enough to know and understand that patient and consistency is my number one rule to follow for a successfull system.

The stand and canopy is in the office! I got the holes drilled in the bracket (thanks to Chad's help) and treated the steel bracket with a rust free clear coat. Here are a pic of the stand and canopy sitting in its soon to be resting spot.

IMG_4511.jpg

Well I plan to do the plumbing this coming weekend and hopefully have my overflow built for the tank. So I'm guessing maybe 2 weeks before the tank is going in the house.

I was anxious to see what the stand and hood looks like in the room it will be sitting in. So.... I decided to drag the bracket in myself. Boy it was fun. Not that it is heavy it's just so awkward and my wing span its'nt all that impressive:lol:. Any how after I got it into the house and bolted and screwed it down to the stand. Again being anxious I danm near broke my back getting the canopy up over my head and onto the bracket. Man I have back spasm now LOL. Anyways Here are some pics of where and what it will look like. Now I have to paint the room. Any suggestion on color fellow reefers?

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Thanks dog. What you mean it will get small really quick?
No , I meant, in the pics, that big wall in your fish room got small really fast with that big stand on it...
that thing takes up a lot of that room but it is gonna be really sweet..

Yeah it does take alot of that room. Looking at it from where I am sitting right now from the computer the tank will be perfect eye level for me at least whether I'm sitting at the computer or standing in front of it. Man I can't wait for this thing to be done!

Back