Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very nice build! What are the dimensions of your tank?

Thank you! The dimensions are 72''x36''x24'' 270g.
That looks great, I love it when a plan comes together.

I have to thank you for the great work on the stand and canopy! Shannon and Josh also did a great job on the bracket. My vision would be just that with out the help of everyone that has been directly and indirectly involved. Thanks again RF!

This thing is tall 7.5' tall from the bottom of the stand to top of canopy! Good thing my ceiling is 9'. I'm going to need a latter to service anything in the hood! I already see one potential problem now. It will be tough for me to get to the left back side of the canopy if I ever need to get to something back on that side. I would have to fid a narrow latter somewhere as I will only have 14'' from the left wall. I hope there are latters that narrow LOL.

The bracket are sweet looking! I was going to rhino liner the bracket but after thinking about it a bit I like the raw steel look plus it will contrast nicely with brushed satin nickel knobs on the doors.

Thank you! The dimensions are 72''x36''x24'' 270g.

I have to thank you for the great work on the stand and canopy! Shannon and Josh also did a great job on the bracket. My vision would be just that with out the help of everyone that has been directly and indirectly involved. Thanks again RF!

is that 36" tall or width

The bracket are sweet looking! I was going to rhino liner the bracket but after thinking about it a bit I like the raw steel look plus it will contrast nicely with brushed satin nickel knobs on the doors.

Sarang,
This is just GREAT! The stand, canopy and bracket work so well that fools my eyes. I can' tell the tank was there or not for a minute. You've been planning this for a long time and patiently waiting and collecting all the right pieces. Will be awsome system. You deserve it, buddy.

on the subject of coloring your walls. i think i warm light colored tanish brown or the color of tan leather or even a olive green. i cant tell is the stand stained red? or dark brown?

on the subject of coloring your walls. i think i warm light colored tanish brown or the color of tan leather or even a olive green. i cant tell is the stand stained red? or dark brown?

The stand canopy is a brownish red. Fy fiance was thinking something tan or toupe.

Sarang,
This is just GREAT! The stand, canopy and bracket work so well that fools my eyes. I can' tell the tank was there or not for a minute. You've been planning this for a long time and patiently waiting and collecting all the right pieces. Will be awsome system. You deserve it, buddy.

Thanks Thang. I have been patient for a long time:). I have to be even more patient as once everything is done. I won't have cash to put anything in there for a while LOL. I know once you decide to go bigger. That tank will be a sight to be seen.

Maybe you should have gone into interior design...:lol: j/k I'm sure that will look awesome.:)

So any input for color on the room people? What color do you guys and gal think would make the tank "POP" best?

OLIVE GREEN! amber, or tan. to contrast your dark color match it with a light color/ or neutral color tone

Last edited:
I hear ya Seattle :D. I already have an olive green color wall in my house. I need a color that will make the tank stand out. Well not thhat it won't since it takes 1/4 or more of this room.

Back