Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks A-dog! Well we went to HD's I bought a pack of 15 dewalt screw bits and I ended up using only one out of the 15 pack.

Try Tacoma screw or Mclendon's

Tom

I tried all those places. No luck nothing that size or even close. It doesn't have to be rubber. I just need it to set it over some holes I drilled in the glass for power cords to go through the top of the rim instead of up and over the back.

Getting closer!! Just got done with putting in 2 dedicated 20A circuits. I will have 1 circuit in the garage it will be for my return pump, heaters and chiller and the other is split up between the DT room and the garage to run my lighting and power heads. I would post pics but how interesting would outlets be LOL. Next thing to do is clean up the area where the sump and aeverything else is going.

Looking good! Getting closer....:)

Yeah I think i will be able to meet my dead line which I set for end of April. Hopfully sooner as all the major construction is done. How ever Allen a friend that wired the dedicated circuits for me suggested that I should think about putting a sink in the garage some where next to the sump. It sounds like a great idea but running out of funds faster than I expected :lol::lol:

OK time for a little update. So far so good! It looks like I just might beat my deadline before the end of the month getting water in the tank!! It is getting closer and close by the day. I havn't really selpt much since starting this build. So now I have the stand in it's place, the sump, plumbing to DT, manifold and painted room where DT will be. Sorry I'm not too great at the step by step process but here are the finsished pics of the sump, stand, manifold and plumbing to the DT.

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

Wow looks like you have been busy!!! Everything is looking great! :)

Yeah been busy. I spend another 3-4hrs every day and all weekends working on this project the last month and a half or so. I'm freaking tired LOL. The other half is getting tied of it real quick LOL. She can't wait for this build to be over with.

You are working hard... but also having fun, right? Gotta make a trip to see it.

Yes working hard trying to get this thing set-up:D. It is fun at! I like the process of building and putting together the system.

good job brother..

Thanks A-dog! Thanks to you and others that helped out. I wouldn't be this far without the great people and help from everyone on RF!

more work....less typie typie...LOL. Looks like you are making good progress man. Can't wait to see it fired up. Gonna be a sweet reef!

more work....less typie typie...LOL. Looks like you are making good progress man. Can't wait to see it fired up. Gonna be a sweet reef!

If I didn't have to spend 8hrs a day slaving to pay for this hobby it would be done already:lol:. I hope I can get water in it soon! I'm getting more excited to see this thing running now that I'm pretty much done. All I have to do now is get the tank into the house and onto the stand and plumb her up and it is a go! I still have to wire up the lighting into the hood but that is no hurry. I just want water in the tank so the tank can start cycling!

Back