Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys! I think most people can imagine what happened...bending down to lift a 270g tank can lead to serious problems...:lol:
this is what happens when your wear your "sundays best" slacks to do a heavy lifting job LOL
Will never forget that one...:badgrin:

Thanks Duane! I have 3 partitions. The 1st is 30''x18'' (skimmers) then overflows to the second chamber 32''x18'' (Live rock) then under 4'' partion and over to return 6''x18''. Do you think I can pull from the second chamber where it overflows from 1st chamber and dumb it at the end of the 2nd chamber under and over to the return?

Thanks
In your case, Id probably pull it from the end of the second chamber after the LR so It can do its job, and then put the output right in front of the return pump so the chilled water can go straight to the display where its needed the most.

Mine is mostly plumbed the way it is due to lack of planning. :rolleyes:

In your case, Id probably pull it from the end of the second chamber after the LR so It can do its job, and then put the output right in front of the return pump so the chilled water can go straight to the display where its needed the most.

Mine is mostly plumbed the way it is due to lack of planning. :rolleyes:

Thanks again Duane for your input!! Man there is always something else to consider. I'm sure i will havemore questions LOL:D

OK from what it looks like most everyone are available in the morning. Would 10am Saturday work for everyone? I would like to thank everyone in advance for the help!! I look forward to seeing everyone. Here is my contact number if you need to get ahold of me. 253 222 5406 PM me for my address if you already havn't been here

Please confirm in my thread. Here is the link.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44091&page=2

thanks again everyone!!

need a pump around 400 GPH "Thats quiet""

eheim 1260 would be your best bet if you are looking for complete silence and reliability. Should've asked me I had a 1260 and 1262. Jayson got to me before you he picked up the 1260. I'm going to use my 1262 to run the chiller.

If you need a pump I might have a spare mag5.

had to do it

Thanks guys! I think most people can imagine what happened...bending down to lift a 270g tank can lead to serious problems...:lol:

hey jayson. i know you would have done the same thing to any of us if it only happened to someone else.

OK as promise. Here is a little update with pics. I stayed up until 1am to finish up my rock work. It didn't turn out as plan but it looks decent enough. I got it filled with water today and I ran into a few leaks. I had one leak in my return chamber in the sump where I had plumbed with a ball valve to drain the sump I had to cut that and plug the hole. The other leak was at the lower left corner where a bulk head is that was an easy fix we just had to put the gasket on the outside of the tank and the last leak is at one of my return I used silicone to seal that up. I am now waiting for the silicone and check for leaks again and if all good. I will have her running tonight. Anyhow here are some pics.

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

Now you're talkin'! Looking great Sarang. Odds are you will re-scape it 1-200 more times before you are happy, but it's a great starting point

Now you're talkin'! Looking great Sarang. Odds are you will re-scape it 1-200 more times before you are happy, but it's a great starting point

Thanks! The thing is I didn't mind reaquascpaing the 40b every nw and then. This is a more tricky. Working with 40lbs of rock is much easier than 200lbs. I really don't want to aquascape again LOL. It was a huge undertaking just getting it in there the 1st time.

Back