Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Now you're talkin'! Looking great Sarang. Odds are you will re-scape it 1-200 more times before you are happy, but it's a great starting point

Ditto!!

It will help if you do it at least two more times before you put any corals in. :badgrin: YOu may find yourself staying up very late one night otherwise.;)

Ditto!!

It will help if you do it at least two more times before you put any corals in. :badgrin: YOu may find yourself staying up very late one night otherwise.;)

I'm pretty sure there is a long night waiting for me just around the corner:(.

Looking good bro. Nice water eh. Got a heater in it yet? LOL. ended up with another leak?

Thanks and thanks for delivering the saltwater! No new leaks just the same ones. I got the one in the reutrn patched up and no more leaks. I'm just waiting for the silicone to dry in the sump and yes I have a 350w heater in it now. It raised the temp 5 degrees already in a couple hrs.

Nice work! Already have the water in wow that was quick!

Yes sir water is in! The tank is not running yet though. I just have the vortech and the tunze 6100 flowing in there right now. I have to say I am very impressed at how much water the mp40 pushes. It causes some nice waves in the tank.

Yes sir water is in! The tank is not running yet though. I just have the vortech and the tunze 6100 flowing in there right now. I have to say I am very impressed at how much water the mp40 pushes. It causes some nice waves in the tank.

Yeah it's a great pump! I got mine making a good 2" wave in mine now...:)

Yup I definatley will be getting another 1 or 2 of them bad boys sometime down the road. I like them so far oh not to mention the noise. I love how much quieter everything is.

hey man just wondering if your feet are still dry. Can't you bump some of the salt water in to your bath tub. I hope you find something soon to put the water in. Let me know what is going on.

I got all the water out of the tank. I had 2 55g and a few 40g container and filled the sump up. I'm redoing the return line plumbing right now.

Ahh man sorry to hear that must have been a pita! So did you call in sick today?:lol: I have the sand for ya and I can drop it off on my lunch if that works for ya...:)

Leaks?!?!?! well, that sucks, but I guess with all the plumbing we do on these tanks it is to be expected. Get 'er all fixed up and running so we can see more pics!

Keep the chin up and the feet dry.

Leaks?!?!?! well, that sucks, but I guess with all the plumbing we do on these tanks it is to be expected. Get 'er all fixed up and running so we can see more pics!

Keep the chin up and the feet dry.

Yeah leaks sucks a ^&^&*(! I hope redoing the return will fix it.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Ahh man sorry to hear that must have been a pita! So did you call in sick today?:lol: I have the sand for ya and I can drop it off on my lunch if that works for ya...:)

Yeah I called in today. I will be here until 3pm. I have a Dr.'s appt. will be back around 4ish.

so did you go with a different ball valve setup lol. and o yea this tank looks amazing in person and love those mp40s so quiet and no more wires in the tank. haha

Well when it rains it pours. I think this build is over. I came home from the Dr. and looked in my OF and the bottom glass is cracked between the bulkheads and one leading from one bulkhead to the back of the tank:(:cry::cry::cry:.

What is everyone's opinion on me siliconing the cracks on top and bottom of glass. I think this will hold the water but would the tank give at some point? The stand has a solid top besides the holes for the OF. Is it worth the risk? Has anyone silicone a crack on the bottom of their tank with out any issues? Please any ideas and help will be very much appreciated! I'm so freaking upset and confused how this happened? Any how what do you guys think should I ditch the tank or would it possibly be OK? I'm very scared to see 270g of water on my floor one day.:cry:

Back