Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wooo HOOOO!!!!:D:D:D

looking great Mike! You are making quick work with this! I can't wait to see it in person!

Hot danm Gina!!! I didn't expect it to be done this fast!!!! Great work! Anyone needs a good carpenter? I will see you this weekend my friend!!!

well what day are you going to paint it. if i don't have to work you know im always up to help.

OK as some of you already know the plan for this tank was to have a shallow beach front and side with the middle half of the tank BB. What I came up with was to build a 1 1/2'' wall using eeg crate, crussh coral, gorilla glue for ceramic, and black foam GreatStuff used for ponds and such. Here are some pics. Tell me what you guys think of the idea.

Well start with pics of the supply for the project.

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

Got bored so I worked on the rock. There is about 200lbs maybe less of rock. I really like the rock work. I hope I can get it in the tank looking like this but we all know how that goes.:D

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

I'm hoping it will go in the tank that way too. There is so much caves and plenty of swimming room inside the rock work as well as the outer rock work. Getting closer!! I'll be picking up the stand and canopy this Sunday!

Back