Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The tank is buried under all the plumbing. I'll try to go get some pics here soon. I'm beat I just got home from running everywhere.:)

OK folks here are some quick pics I just took. I got the paint and other odds and ends stuff today will try to get it painted tomorrow.

This first set is the tank and sump.

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

Second set of pics are the stand and canopy. Sorry for the blurry pics/:) I was lazy to take the time to take good pics.:D. There will be better pics later promise.

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

nice craftsmanship kudos to the builder

I DIG IT is this tank going in your living room or the office? i cant tell you how much i like the interior architecture of your house :)

Looking good man, any chance we can talk you into building this tank into the wall?

Are you sure you want 250's? I got 4x250 on a 24" deep 300G and cant help it want 400W's.

i also think he should do 400w's. i am running 3 400 watts on my 125 gallon and also 3 400 watts on my 170 gallon.

I put on the second coat of stain tonight and tomorrow I will clear coat it. As for the idea of an in wall. I'm lucky this tank is allowed in the house lol. For the lighting situation I thought about going with 400w but the power consumption is almost double that of the 250w. I will go with the 250w for now and if I feel I need more light I will upgrade to 400w. I will take some pics of the finished stand and canopy tomorrow. Until then stay tuned!

I put on the second coat of stain tonight and tomorrow I will clear coat it. As for the idea of an in wall. I'm lucky this tank is allowed in the house lol. For the lighting situation I thought about going with 400w but the power consumption is almost double that of the 250w. I will go with the 250w for now and if I feel I need more light I will upgrade to 400w. I will take some pics of the finished stand and canopy tomorrow. Until then stay tuned!

Just be glad you are on city of tacoma elec. They charge nearly 2/3's less than pse does up here in king co.

Tom

Roscoe I just have to say that stand is amazing so so amazing I know who I gonna try to convince to build stand when we ever get around to doing a bigger tank :)

Back