Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike did do an awsome job on the stand and canopy! I think his head won't fit through his front door with all these great comiments. Any how the stand and canopy looks even better now that the stain is on. I highly reccomend Mike for this kind of stuff!

Well I really like the fact you kept the stain color light, I am just imagining everything put together and corals just gonna pop with lights against that wood :)

Well the pic is just the natural wood. I used a solid stain brown color. I'll post pics after i'm all done with it.

Here are some pics of the stand and canopy with the 1st coat of solid stain. i'm going to put the clear coat on it after this post.

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

looks great. what did you use to coat the inside of the stand and canopy?
Tom

The Stand was coated with some kind of water proof sealent I'm not sure Mike did that part. As for the hood I just painted it a glossy white with a few coats

Looking goody good :)

Thanks! All the wood work credit goes to Mike. I just tried my best to get the stain even:lol:.

Brackets are here!! Here are some pics of the stand and the welder himself making some final adjustments to the angle ot the brackets.

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

whats the purpose of the "brackets" and the metal work? is this somehow going to allow the canopy to slide on the two rails in the back?

Tom

I'm getting so excited now.... getting close!! :D You have to see it in person. It looks sweet with the canopy floating over the stand I can imagine the tank between it already and I will have about 15'' between the water surface and the bottom of the canopy. Lights are a little high but we will see how 250 will do at 17'' from the surface in Lumenbright pendants.

whats the purpose of the "brackets" and the metal work? is this somehow going to allow the canopy to slide on the two rails in the back?

Tom

The purpose of the "metal bracket" is so the canopy can rest on for support and giving it a somewhat floating canopy look. The canopy is not sitting on the tank. Does that make sense?

The purpose of the "metal bracket" is so the canopy can rest on for support and giving it a somewhat floating canopy look. The canopy is not sitting on the tank. Does that make sense?

ah ok, that makes sense. so the brackets will hold the canopy up attaching them to the stand but not sitting directly on the tank. cool

Tom

Sounds good Chad. Just give me a call when ever. Yeah this thing is going to look nice with the tank sitting on the stand. I just need to drill some holes into the bracket and stand and put bolts through the bracket and stand and screw er' in.

Ok this mornings activities and goal for me is to get the holes drilled into the bracket and stand. Then after that possibly bring it into the office and set it where it is going just to see how it looks in there.

Back