Saltyfish's CR Build!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

As most of you have seen, I built James' Protien skimmer for his 600+gallon system. Well I am also building his Calcium Reactor. it will be 24'' tall with a footprint of 14''x14'' reation chamber is 8'' diameter and is 18'' tall. It will have a spray bar which will run with a panworld 40PX (about 480gph) it will hold approx 20-25lbs of media. capable of a 500 gallons heavy stocked sps or 1000g on a moderate system load...

This build will be constructed with 1/2'' cell cast flange and base and ofcourse 1/4'' wall cell cast 8'' acrylic tube...

here are a couple pictures to start this thread off...

materials to be used...
CRbuild002-1.jpg

CRbuild003-1.jpg

Soon you will be building all sorts of tanks :p Good luck on this project. I'm sure it will turn out just as nice as the skimmer you built :)

One M1A1 coming right up.

Can't wait to have my new system built. I know who I am going to ask to make my skimmer and CA reactor. Keep up the great work Matt.;)

Hit me up Brett, I got materials to build two of these at once, (capable of 500g very heavy sps stock or up to 1000g light stock)

Matt

Update

here are some update pictures of the build, I just need to make the flanges and do the plumbing now....

The Media Plate....
CRbuild001-1-1.jpg

The base with the chamber glued down and the media plate installed.
CRbuild003-2.jpg

My signature.... (Dont Mind the sharpie it was just for reference)
CRbuild002-2.jpg

Matt

Sweet Jesus fish!:lol:

I realy like the signature, I my self am a Christian, but the symbol also is just a fish and how fitting for our hobby right? So as for whoever is looking at it can decide for them selves if it is a Christian symbol or just a fish...

Matt

I realy like the signature, I my self am a Christian, but the symbol also is just a fish and how fitting for our hobby right? So as for whoever is looking at it can decide for them selves if it is a Christian symbol or just a fish...

Matt

No that's awesome I am as well! Yep it is very fitting looks good!:)

almost done!

All thats left now is to make the spraybar and do the plumbing. also there will be a probe holder....

Matt

CRbuild004-1.jpg

All that is left is to add the PH probe holder, otherwise this build is done!
here are some detailed pictures to show how this reactor is assembled and also it shows how easy it is to take apart and clean/service...

Enjoy...

Fully assembled....
CRbuild019-1.jpg

disassembled....
CRbuild011-1.jpg

Spray bar with media plate...
CRbuild012-1.jpg

the lid with the Needle valve...
CRbuild013-1.jpg

The reaction chamber...
CRbuild014-1.jpg

The Media foam/filter (keeps the media from getting into the pump)
CRbuild015-1.jpg

The Chamer with the media plate and spray bar installed..
CRbuild016-1.jpg

When installing the lid simply line it up with the spraybar and slip on..
CRbuild017-1.jpg

Turn and tighten....
CRbuild018-1.jpg

I hope you all have enjoyed this build as much as me!!!!

Cheers
Matt

Back