Saltyfish's CR Build!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wow!your workmanship quility and understanding how their work,,another great looking one beside skimmer..i should have you build me one and it will work right away,,otherwise i don't have to struggle in the very beginning with my GEO818 for 3weeks/lost all of my PL,,
sincerely.
great job,Matt:)

Last edited:
wow!your workmanship quility and understanding how their work,,another great looking one beside skimmer..i should have you build me one and it will work right away,,otherwise i don't have to struggle in the very beginning with my GEO818 for 3weeks/lost all of my PL,,
sincerely.
great job,Matt:)

I take pride in my design and build quality, I can also clone just about any other style of skimmers, reactors and so on...
it would be my pleasure to build you a CR Dang, just shoot me a pm if your interested...

Matt

Reminds of the MRC calcium reactors. Very nice build!

All that is left is to add the PH probe holder, otherwise this build is done!
here are some detailed pictures to show how this reactor is assembled and also it shows how easy it is to take apart and clean/service...

Enjoy...

Fully assembled....
CRbuild019-1.jpg

disassembled....
CRbuild011-1.jpg

Spray bar with media plate...
CRbuild012-1.jpg

the lid with the Needle valve...
CRbuild013-1.jpg

The reaction chamber...
CRbuild014-1.jpg

The Media foam/filter (keeps the media from getting into the pump)
CRbuild015-1.jpg

The Chamer with the media plate and spray bar installed..
CRbuild016-1.jpg

When installing the lid simply line it up with the spraybar and slip on..
CRbuild017-1.jpg

Turn and tighten....
CRbuild018-1.jpg

I hope you all have enjoyed this build as much as me!!!!

Cheers
Matt

Reminds of the MRC calcium reactors. Very nice build!

This style of CR has been around for ages, its no new build, I do a few things different than others like the fact the entire media plate is not glued down so it comes out for easy service, I also like the spraybar rather than an upflow design...
The one thing about my build is it is all (hand crafted)

Cheers
Matt

Ok not to sound stupid but what lines go where, how do I get this hooked up?

I got my regulator, tubing, bubble counter, and tank ordered.

Just tell me what lines go where and how this should run when it is all installed.

oh yeah what is the best media for this? For now I am going to hook it up to my 90 gallon.

Thanks for the info..

Ok not to sound stupid but what lines go where, how do I get this hooked up?

I got my regulator, tubing, bubble counter, and tank ordered.

Just tell me what lines go where and how this should run when it is all installed.

oh yeah what is the best media for this? For now I am going to hook it up to my 90 gallon.

Thanks for the info..

connenct the co2 to the far left valve on the bottom then the water feeed line to the onto te right of that. use a small pump like a maxijet to feed it. then the valve on top is what you dial in the drip with... i will call you later and help you bro...

matt

This style of CR has been around for ages, its no new build, I do a few things different than others like the fact the entire media plate is not glued down so it comes out for easy service, I also like the spraybar rather than an upflow design...
The one thing about my build is it is all (hand crafted)

Cheers
Matt

I like the white Acrylic much better. The bubble plate also comes out of mine too... Check it out...http://www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=21031&cat=647&page=1

Great work. Keep it up.

hmmmmmmmmmm almost looks like a spam post promoting that website...

Why not just post the picture here?

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmm almost looks like a spam post promoting that website...

Why not just post the picture here?

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Spam? Promoting? I have no connection with any online vendors. When did people start freaking out about posting links:D? It's a very nice build whether it's a exact replica or not. Job well Done Matt. O yeah here's a pic of mine Salty..http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/hstarr347/Corals/?action=view&current=IMG_1846.jpg
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/hstarr347/Corals/?action=view&current=IMG_1848.jpg

Back