Saltyfish's Skimmer Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

my system is 200gal right now, but remember it was basicly skimmerless for a week untill this thing broke in, it had some make up work to do...

Skimmerless ha ha ha ha

well at least it can catch up. I would be interested to see how much it skims over the next week, if you don't mind. Do you have a heavy load in your 200 gallon tank right now?

I wonder what this would do on my 55 gallon tank, after all since I always read you cant over skim. (oh god headache the wheels are trying to turn, anyone got WD40?)

Skimmerless ha ha ha ha

well at least it can catch up. I would be interested to see how much it skims over the next week, if you don't mind. Do you have a heavy load in your 200 gallon tank right now?

I wonder what this would do on my 55 gallon tank, after all since I always read you cant over skim. (oh god headache the wheels are trying to turn, anyone got WD40?)

my tank has a heavy load, it is full of sps and a few fish, not to mention it has only 25lbs live rock because im cooking my rock... lets let it run alteast another week then we will set up shipping......

matt

Update

This skimmer is skimming harder and harder every day, I am more and more impressed with it every time I go to my garage to check on it! it has been 3 days since I posted pictures of the skimming check the previous page and compare it to these pictures to see how much junk this thing has built up in just 3 days...

BTW the skimmer broke in on the left side first and now is skimming very evenly on both sides, the color difference shows how it skimmed different on each side untill it broke in all the way
skimmer053-1.jpg

skimmer052-1.jpg

skimmer051-1.jpg

skimmer054-1.jpg

My system is near 400G's. I think I need one of those so I can feed even dirtier. :lol:

Hey Man,

You need to spend time with the family PLEASE DO SO!

We all need time and you know that I am understanding to that.
Don't spend all weekend working enjoy some of it

Id just like to say I saw this thing in person and its a beast. Skims like a beast and built like one also. Very impressive

one more update

Here is a shot of this bad boy after skimming for about 10 days untouched...
check out those dirty necks and the skimmate!!!!

CRbuild005-1.jpg

that is a nice deep color, I think my fears are over. I was worried it was going to skim too much water but that color proves that is getting the scum out.

Nice I love it even more!

Back