Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Time to clean it up!!!

James I may have to charge extra for this!:eek:

skimmer060.jpg

skimmer063.jpg

skimmer062.jpg

skimmer061.jpg

OMG dude that is awesome!!!

you should think about keeping one of these for your tank is it is skimming that much out of it. What has it been a month maybe 6 weeks?

OMG dude that is awesome!!!

you should think about keeping one of these for your tank is it is skimming that much out of it. What has it been a month maybe 6 weeks?

yeah, they sure get the job done huh! this skimmer is a real powerhouse. I am very impressed with it. I am sure you will be pleased with it...

matt

Well my skimmer should be in Mead right about now or pretty close to it. Thank you to Mike and Brandy for picking this up for me. I can't wait to see this bad boy in person. Wonder if hooking it up to my 90 gallon would hurt anything, even just a couple weeks. lol

It's at our place now and soon to be in your possesion... but remember, possesion is 9/10ths of the law, hehe. :D

it is bigger then three of my dogs put together......

For those of you that wonder how big it really is, that is my 90 gallon tank and stand behind it, HOLY COW!,

oh yeah and my Kobe bobble head on top.

100_0995.jpg

I have had wood all day once again, thanks Matt

No kidding. :eek:

BTW, my son and I were discussing this skimmer a bit last night, and we were wondering why the squat design but not squat enough to fit under the tank? It seemed to us that would be the general purpose of this build. Is it just the camera angle, or was there some other more important design factor?

Actually it will fit under the tank just fine I have 36" in a 42" high stand to work with and this skimmer with the collection cup bolts is 33" high.

This skimmer is rated for a 1000 gallon tank, my tank that it is going on is 630 gallons.

No way I could put this on my 90 gallon it is just too big!

Ah, OK....I misunderstood. Not for that tank in the pic! Duh... I am really interested to see how it performs. My only concern is thet the amount of pipe and number of angles may restrict performance, but perhaps that is miniscule compared to the power you will put to it. Very interesting build to say the least.

Ah, OK....I misunderstood. Not for that tank in the pic! Duh... I am really interested to see how it performs. My only concern is thet the amount of pipe and number of angles may restrict performance, but perhaps that is miniscule compared to the power you will put to it. Very interesting build to say the least.

The tank was just to compare the size of the skimmer. If you read the entire post you will see how it performs. It looked awesome when Matt had it running on his 200 gallon system.

I can vouch for the performance I saw it when it was running. It was pulling out some nasty stuff!:D

Back