Saltyfish's Skimmer Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!

I think you better vent it to the outside, pulling that much air may cause your windows to IMPLODE! LOL!!!!

Sorry but your engineering is so much better and once you explain it, well it just makes common sense. Like the feed not being in the center.

You use better material too so really this does not even compare to your or should I say MY skimmer with your engineering.

I am so proud of MY skimmer you engineered and built for me matt.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You!

Did you notice how many thumb screws you have to loosen and tighten on the MRC tp service it? 64 total!!! (because 1/4'' material needs more screws) and each one of the injectors has 4 screws, what a pain! I like mine how it is just like a union much easier!!!
I can take this thing apart, clean the injectors, clean the cups and put it together in about 5 minutes + time to clean the parts...

BTW my build has only 32 thumb screws! half the work to take it apart...

Matt

Update pictures of the break in...
the left side started skimming first, I hooked up the SCFH meter and realized that the right side needed the air valve adjusted to get all 4 injectors pulling the same... Now it seems to be skimmer equal on both sides...

skimmer048-1.jpg

skimmer049-1.jpg

skimmer050-1.jpg

Matt

200 scfh total...that f'ing rocks:)
like your quick disconnect 1/4" ro line for the drains,
and love that it's a recirc skimmer.
prolly one of the nicest quad becketts i've seen.

the connect on the drains are actually 1/2" line, and 200 scfh is just crazy i have never seen a skimmer with this kind of power... the recirc helps a ton wiith dwell time and smaller bubble size....

Matt

Hey Matt,

If you can mark the air fittings so when I dial it in over here I know where you had it and I can see how far off the move causes it to go off.

BTW dont forget the Ozone port please

Hey Matt,

If you can mark the air fittings so when I dial it in over here I know where you had it and I can see how far off the move causes it to go off.

BTW dont forget the Ozone port please

no problem, I will mark them. also, I haven't forgotten the ozone port....

when do you want to take delivery? I think a few more days and I will be comfortable it is broke in...

Matt

no problem, I will mark them. also, I haven't forgotten the ozone port....

when do you want to take delivery? I think a few more days and I will be comfortable it is broke in...

Matt

well does not matter to me I was thinking to have you finish the CR and you could ship them all at once. What do you think?

well does not matter to me I was thinking to have you finish the CR and you could ship them all at once. What do you think?

Its all good for me, the tube for the CR will be in late this week or early next week, and clearly the CR build is much easier than the skimmer so it wont take long...

we can ship when ever, the skimmer will cost a pretty penny to ship, its pretty big dude...

Matt

this morning I checked the skimmer and it skimmed hard all night, it filled the waste container full (2.5 gallons) with medium/dark skimmate. this makes me happy!!! I took two pictures (one from the side of the container and one from above) but after I dumpted the container I realized I deleted the side view! so all I got was the top view But I still wanted to share it...

skimmer-2-1.jpg

Matt

Wow it skimmed that much in one night? How big is your system over there?

I think I am going to have the cleanest tank in the Great North West

As far as the skimmer goes, up to you just tell me when you want to ship it and about how much and I will get you a payment for the shipping

Last edited:
my system is 200gal right now, but remember it was basicly skimmerless for a week untill this thing broke in, it had some make up work to do...

Back