Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...You got too much flow and I have too little. These things never work out according to plan:p You'll get it worked out I'm sure...:)

Installed Sump!

I have added a 3/4" by-pass line directly into the sump, with this wide open & the 1/2" line wide open I can circulate the water throughout top & bottom. I'm thinking I may send it back for the smaller UNO series. I must admit the plumbing on this tank is extreme, what a job, & cost over $250 just in plumbing parts valves, Loc-line etc. It flows awesome now, got the leaks out, tweaked it nicely, cleaned up everything, it plum wore me out!:doubt:

Amazing!! That is something to be really proud of Scooty! You've done a great job putting it all together especially with your back problems etc. You should be proud man...I love it!:)

Thanks Krish, I was in some pain today but had to get things cleaned up & tested to see if I needed to return that pump for a smaller one. Wish I could of gotten the nice LR sharky reef had (Eric) maybe he will have some left for me when I need it:)

Thanks Krish, I was in some pain today but had to get things cleaned up & tested to see if I needed to return that pump for a smaller one. Wish I could of gotten the nice LR sharky reef had (Eric) maybe he will have some left for me when I need it

Yeah...I kind of envy some of the members here that can call up another fish buddy or 2 and have them shoot over to help with plumbing, building, setting up etc. Me...I have to battle it all out and figure things all out by myself and I figure you are in the same boat as me...

Yeah...I kind of envy some of the members here that can call up another fish buddy or 2 and have them shoot over to help with plumbing, building, setting up etc. Me...I have to battle it all out and figure things all out by myself and I figure you are in the same boat as me...

LMBO!! yeah dood what's up with that :lol: :lol: .
i think you did a great job and it only took a couple of thousands of pictures :p :D .

krish75 said:

I look at it this way, You both did a great job. Plumbing a tank has always been an individual thing for me too. As long as you have the time to do it, that's ok, it is just the emrgency plumbing that is a pain.

Hey Great Job Scooty!
It sure is nice to see the plan come together. You are gonna love the MBV. Just keep an eye on the water temp as you are testing. The Sequence pumps kick butt but have been known to run warm. Looking forward to seeing saltwater and rock in your tank. Congrats also to your tank builder.:D
Best, Scott

Don't know how they would add much heat as compared to a Mag drive, the temp has stayed the same as with no pumps running at all in a matter fact. On a good note I figured out the drain issue, I ended up removing the elbow in the overflow box all together & just left it drain at the BH, which I could turn the pump full open with no issues. I'm sure glad I figured this out it was driving me crazy.

Scooty,
If your pumps add no heat to the tank then great! I am running a Sequence 5000 as a closed loop. When I first water tested, my temp was 50 degree out of the faucet. In about 2 days with only the cl loop pump running it was up to 75. This was with no lighting. Ed Hahn brought an infered heat thermometer over and checked the outside of the pump. It was running about 80. Warm but not bad. I sent the pump back to Sequence and they tore it down and found nothing. Replaced the seals and sent it back no charge. I know others that have had heat issues. Like I say just keep an eye out. I am running a chiller now and have no problems. Great flow!:D
Best, Scott

Yeah, if your Sequence pumps add no heat to your water you lucked out. My Sequence Barracuda adds more than I expected. It adds probably a good .2 degrees every hour or two.

so count yourself lucky... :)

All pumps will add some heat, it is normal, more so when you get into the larger pumps, you must allow air circulation just like a chiller with any of these pumps, lucky I don't need any bigger pumps, matter fact wish I would of gotten a smaller return than the Wahoo. Oh yea Scott if your water was 50 out the faucet & two days later it went up to 75 then I'd say the room temperature had more to do with that than the pump, unless you let the room temp. stay consistent with no pumps on for a few days then do only one thing extra like turning on th at pump with absolute no other changes then That would be a realistic test, maybe your tank was in a room that stayed 50 which is cold LOL.

How I had my Quiet One plumbed the first time it got really hot at one point! Luckily it was sitting outside of the sump and therefore not adding as much heat! But I can tell you this...When I pulled the pump out to re-plumb the closed loop and I had water sitting in the pump closed in between the 2 valves, when I released the water, it scolded me!! :eek:

Scooterman said:
All pumps will add some heat, it is normal, more so when you get into the larger pumps, you must allow air circulation just like a chiller with any of these pumps, lucky I don't need any bigger pumps, matter fact wish I would of gotten a smaller return than the Wahoo. Oh yea Scott if your water was 50 out the faucet & two days later it went up to 75 then I'd say the room temperature had more to do with that than the pump, unless you let the room temp. stay consistent with no pumps on for a few days then do only one thing extra like turning on th at pump with absolute no other changes then That would be a realistic test, maybe your tank was in a room that stayed 50 which is cold LOL.
Hey Scott, My tank is in the basement which stays about 10 degrees cooler than the upstairs. When I water tested it was in the winter. House temp upstairs was about 70 which put it at 60 downstairs. We were contemplating adding a gas stove in the basement to add heat. No need to do that with the tanks all downstairs now...:). Anyway my point was that after adding the sequence the heat rise was much greater than any other tank I ever set up. Just something I noticed from the start.
Looking forward to more tank progress from you.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back