Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Scooty!

Sorry it's been so long since I have been around much. But, man your tank is looking good! Keep up the good work. You did a great job on the trim!

Thanks Ron, glad to see you around:)
Well here are a few shots of the CL suction box, It fits snug over the two 1 1/2" BH holes in the main display & WERKS well! Later If it bugs me I may take it out & sand & polish it better but don't have the stuff to do it just yet, I figure later it will be encrusted with coralline anyways! Last pics is some more trim work, I think I will remove that one door & route the edges with a cove bit, my wife likes it as is, what you guys think, router it or leave it??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Scooty, is the noise of the MBV noticeable at all?

That suction box is a great idea! Lookin very good.

Yea you will hear the BV when it switches, I have mine programed to switch every 5 minutes during the day & then every 10 minutes at night, isn't something that would keep me awake but you can hear it.

Looks great Scooty! I'm sure it will keep the fish out:) As for the doors, I'd leave them the way they are now.. No need IMO, to round them over because I think they look good just that way they are, but it is totally up to you.:)

You just gave me a idea. Make a "suction" box like you did but leave the front panel off. Cut slits in the front edge of the acrylic with a table saw and install a fiberglass screen for the front. There would be minimal suction then.

You just gave me a idea. Make a "suction" box like you did but leave the front panel off. Cut slits in the front edge of the acrylic with a table saw and install a fiberglass screen for the front. There would be minimal suction then.

Think the front would suck in too much still with a screen unless you could divert some of the suction off to the sides maybe?

A few extras!:cool:
I router the edges on the door, so now I need to finish the rest:)
The siphon break on the return from the sump, just a big arch!
The Tank overflow protection level switch, side & top view!

LOL!! i'm allowed to post again ....kewl :lol:.
your tank is looking pretty dood :)... i like what you did with the doors :D.
now where are those tie wraps again :p?

Tonga Branch!

Well I went over budget on this one but It was too nice to turn down, I started coffing up cash quickly for these! :p
Picks don't do it justice, the large branch is about 3" Diameter!:eek:

I don't know where they got it but it is in my tank:D
The store owner was actually going to keep it for his tank but walked in after I had already purchased it!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back