Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color, man that will screw me up when it comes time to upgrade to something bigger!:confused:

Thanks for the replies, the light is a PowerPaq 14K it is Krish's 150W Mh off his pod, better than the 17W wal-mart grow light!:p I'll pass on the favor as Krish did, hopefully real soon!;)

Thanks for the replies, the light is a PowerPaq 14K it is Krish's 150W Mh off his pod, better than the 17W wal-mart grow light! I'll pass on the favor as Krish did, hopefully real soon!

LOL! Don't tell my wife!!! She saw me take the box out of the door Friday and thought I was throwing away garbage:lol:

OMG dood !!!
that's really nice :D .
i like the blue color you got there going !! .
overall the tank is looking very pretty .

Well a while back I found a piece of hard plastic/composite in my tank, picked it out & took a long look until I figured it out. I called Cole-Palmer & explained to them about what happened & was almost sure it was part of the ball on the Hayward MBV. After a long talk he contacted Hayward while I was on the line & we conference the call about how would this best be done. I was given the option to replace the entire valve or order the ball & seals which was about $150 cheaper. I opted to replacing just the ball, these valves are rather easy to take apart. The most difficult thing was getting to the ball, I have to remove the light, then close the three isolation ball valves, then drain It. I had already done this the messy way the first time around so this time I had the operation down, just took my time & the replacement went smoother than I could expect, just remember to close all three valves next time & it would of been even smoother!:rolleyes:
Figured I'd throw in a few shots just in case anyone would need to do the same one day!

Today I also cleaned up some of the wires & added a power strip, also got my media reactor set-up, I will not use both top & bottom though, only the bottom for carbon.

Very nice Scooty!!!! Everything is coming together very nicely! Keep up the good work man so you can make that magazine:D

I measured 5 times & cut many to but it slips just right over the big 1 1/2" HD BH's, I made the box deeper than what Tom made to ease up on the flow more but basically that is it. The top rest on the top part of the BH & the suction holds it in place, even with power off it stays put but removes easy to clean. It did fall back slightly with power off once & could fall slightly open which may be a problem but I turned power off several more times & it hangs well, only when I'm inside the tank moving the water did it fall. I can measure it up for you but the size will be different depending on how far apart your BH's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back