Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought It was time for another update! Last weekend I got out the hydraulic jacks & doubled up on the framing, I saw slight sagging in one spot so I beefed it all up. While plumbing the tank I had removed some bracing, guess that wasn't a sharp idea!:idea:

Don't know how Jr. got in the pics but like always sleeping 24 hours a day!

Well I added a Shelf in the main cabinet so I ,might as well show it, also I have a secret side compartment to access the back from the opposite side, guess it isn't a secret anymore!:rolleyes: I figured about 4 sheets of 3/4" Oak, plus two sheets of pine 3/4" on top of all the 20 some what 2x4's should be strong enough. Each pine piece was primed & painted with an oil base epoxy paint, three coats, 6 sides. The Oak is getting stained the coated with Spar urethane, sanded the re-coated 3 more times, all 6 sides of each & every piece!

OK here is a Peek at the trim work! :D
This is where all the hard work will show off I hope!:oops:
Love that router!
This piece will go across the front mid section, right above the doors.

Wow! Looking good Scooty! You really did a great job on everything so far...Really. Everything looks nice and neat. Continue your patience man...You will be happy you did. Also, it gives me time to catch up:p

How's about you take a vacation out here and sheet the stand the 180 is gonna go on?? You do nice work.:D :D

So you got a cat named Jr. too huh??

No thank you, I have enough on my plate as it is!
Next time I'm going to formica it like Krish did his! :lol:

OK here is a Peek at the trim work! :D
This is where all the hard work will show off I hope!:oops:
Love that router!
This piece will go across the front mid section, right above the doors.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it with the trim work finished. It's going to look great!

Thanks everyone, If anyone is excited about finishing this thing it is me! I've sketched up several options on how it will be trimmed, seems every time the plan changes as I start doing it, sorta like the whole thing LOL!

to bad you can't make trims with a fish in there :D i think it'd spice it up :p.

well right now if i had a fish the suction to the CL would puree the poor little fishy! With luck, I'll soon have that fixed & yea hope to get a fish or two to put in there! Everyone that see's my tank says that right away, "Where's the fish?" "Never saw suck a big tank full of rocks"!

:lol: :p

Just tell them it the new thing...Just rock! A lady called Premium Aquatics asking how to feed her rock because she was told it was "live" :lol:

Hey Scootty,

How do you like the flow now that you have some rocks in there? Do you plan on adding any additional PH's for movment?

Also, any particular reason you went with the MBV instead of say one of the "oceansmotions" units?

Take it easy,
Jesse

Yeah you feed it poop, but she was looking for food in a bottle:p
Ahh I can arrange that:D

Hey Scootty,

How do you like the flow now that you have some rocks in there? Do you plan on adding any additional PH's for movment?

Also, any particular reason you went with the MBV instead of say one of the "oceansmotions" units?

Take it easy,
Jesse

The MBV switches headers, each header consist of two outlets on top & two on the bottom, then inside I used loc-line "Y" to split all of those. This way I get full switching at once from one side to the next like in a wave motion. I will add another 50 60 lbs of LR to fill the void, even though I still need to land scape the rock I already have. The multi loc-lines allow me to flow water anywhere I want it, completely, that I wouldn't change even with an OM. The rocks won't be in the way of the flow, also I used wide flairs to spread it. the Om was a second choice but plumbing these are ugly IMO & they swap out outlets individually or in smaller groups. I have no quarrels with the OM but with the MBV I planned using it from the get go & love it. I will not add any other PH's, it isn't necessary, this is the best flow I've ever had & seen compared to Most but not all tanks I've viewed personally, even though I've seen some with more or even as good in larger systems.

actually what i meant to say was ...to bad you couldn't design a trim with the shape or a little drawing of a fish :p....not get a fish in there :p:lol:.

actually what i meant to say was ...to bad you couldn't design a trim with the shape or a little drawing of a fish :p....not get a fish in there :p:lol:.

Dhooo!

Well never thought of that!
I was looking at some really nice columns, like the ones you find in front of a huge home but they would not fit in the room LOL:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back