Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished reading through your whole thread Scooter, you've really accomplished a lot, very well thought out system, I bet it will be a coral growing machine!

Running Amps Vrs. Inrush Amps
<HR style="COLOR: #000099" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I just took a reading on my Sequence return pump, 1.4 amps @ 22ft of head rated, if I crank it down it drops to 1.3 amps & open wide 1.6 amps @ 1440gph & a surge of 9.6 amps that is typical for inrush amperage! Can you imaging a ¼ H.P. 3080BTU chiller running at 4.5 amps what the inrush is 24.6 amps!

Thought I'd post a few pics this time! First two are from the New Orleans Aquarium of America.:cool: Look at that huge Angle fish, beautiful Queen::razz: I think!:rolleyes: Notice the Divers hand how small comparing!:eek:

MBV messed up Teflon seals:mad:, re-plumbing chiller so I can have easier access, also built a cabinet for the RO tub to sit on top. It will have Oak trim later!:(

Stand in location testing fit, chiller will set inside the stand, Ro tub on top! Need ideas how to make the Ro top-off work without a flood because of siphoning!

Final some tank picks! With details! Notice I added lights everywhere & driller holes for easier wiring!:shock:
Can you believe I started April of 2006, now August 2007!:eek:

very nice looking tank. i have been to new orleans a few times and been to the aquarium with the wife and son and then another trip on a bachelor party....Love the city there

Very cool update Scooty! I really like that chiller. Almost a shame to hide it. Is it loud?
After seeing the picture of the angel i was like "nice angel" but then i read your comment on the hand comparison and was like "woah"!

That fish probably weighed 5 LBS my guess or close to it! You can hear the fan, to me loud enough that is it was in the living room I'd say not going to want it but what do you expect from a 1/4h.P. chiller!

Expecting my third chiller to arrive Monday, I guess it is good news, two bad units form a world leader in chillers, this has left me wondering, I hope it works out like it should. No updates other than some parts should be here today to add to the loc-lines, some bh's for the top off water. I hope to order a storage tank soon, I'll plumb it to the sump & then work on either the ATO upgrades or maybe start getting parts for the lighting, unless I have more chiller problems.

Oh BTW I'm ready to start adding a few low light frags etc, It is time to get some corals in there, I don't want much as I will plan for sps mainly but I want some movement:D I wish my LFS had some decent corals but they look fairly bad:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back