Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh that would be sweet also stronger I need tighter if I can, so your saying 1.25" female threaded to 1.5" slip right & screw the 1.25" onto the bulkhead thus eliminating the 3/4" nipple? Man that would be cool I tore the store up & down trying to find something tighter.
Or do you mean 1.5" female threads to 1.25" slip & plumb everything 1.25", that would work also!

Ya sorry that was not real clear, 1.25 thread to 1.5 slip bushing. It will thread right over the bulkhead, just put a little silicone around the threads, and thread it on and away you go.

Thanks Tom, pics will follow tomorrow as I plumb this up alone with that heavy MBV, dood that thing is heavy!

Well, here is an update, I took a few sick days to ease things up on my back but I was able to do a few things the last two days. Yesterday I finished the flooring project that I've started months ago, wow glad that is done. Today I spent doing one of the hardest & most dreaded task of adding another dedicated circuit. Now I will have two 20 amp circuits, it was a long itchy day but it is done, all I have left it to get the right face plate for the new outlet box & I will install a GFCI on one of the circuits also. Nothing fancy to show here but very relieved that part is done. Tomorrow I'll start painting the room but first I finally got all of my plumbing parts so I might delay painting & get some water flowing instead.

Way Cool Scooter! Can't wait to see some more pics! But did you know your boss is a member here :shock: Boy you would be busted bigtime if he was:lol: I think we need to call you Ferris Bueller from now on:p

Glueing PVC!

Dry test your fittings & square up then Mark the spot exactly where you need it.
When you have only one shot at this you need it exact as you can get it. I used a radial arm saw to make the cuts, very clean just hold your work very securely & wear your safety equipment stuff flies all over sometimes with this stuff.

Here is a few shots of what not to do like I did!:mad:
Don't try to make more than one glue joint like someone we know! :(
I will now have to go rebuild the entire set-up on the right side but the left side I just unscrewed the adapters & glued one at a time like I should of but thought hey I'm fast:| Look closely I couldn't get all four fittings on all the way the glue dried too fast!:cry:

Well that is about what mine look like. I would do a leak check and see if they hold water. I know that mine did.

The problem with that Tom, the other side is all the way down, I won't be able to fit the ball valve like that. BTW I had to order the 1 1/4" FMPT x 1 1/2" adapters but I didn't used them, If anyone needs 8 adapters I'll sale them at cost plus shipping or make a deal with anyone in need cheap!

Sounds like a custom bent piece of pvc is in order. But you can always redo it too.

Hey Scott,
I feel your pain man......LOL. I should have bought some Home Depot stock before glueing my closed loop. Might have made a coupple bucks back. :rolleyes:
Seriously though, the fittings are relatively cheap so I would redo. Just pre fit and check measurements many times. Also I got a buddy to come and help glue. It was a lot easier to keep all joints wet and assemble with an extra pair of hands. Great to see your tank progressing.
Good Luck, Scott

Finally!

:oops: I finally have some progress, ran out of 1 1/2" PVC pipe but got what I wanted done finally, I hate redoing but I think it will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back