Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 Full knock on wood we're doing good!
Don't know if my back can take filling the rest but I must say I ran the pump a sec. & WOOZERS it's going to KA:D

Great work Scooterman :exclaim:
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use union valves in case you need to take the CL apart or am I missing them ? I only noticed them on the pump.

Last edited:
cheeks69 said:
Great work Scooterman :exclaim:
I'm curious as to why you would use union valves in case you need to take the CL apart or am I missing them ? I only noticed them on the pump.

That is correct, I have unions on the pump with a ball valve for the in & out, & a ball that isolates each header, the MBV is also a True-union BV so it can be isolated and serviced, I didn't see a need to put any more unions, any more work done at that point would mean removal of the water.

I have it at 85% full with the Sequence 4200 pump running, it is super quiet & so far the motor is very cool running:) Still crossing fingers, no leaks knock on some more wood! Tomorrow I'll actuate the MBV & test the other header but it is under water so I think it should be good.:)

That's cool Scooty! Once you turn on that MBV and everything works fine, then you can get started with really filling it up. How are you filling it now for the test? With just buckets of water?

I used my 6 gallon water containers to fill It about 85%, I used tap because I will have to move the stand closer, I had tested the MBV when I got it, it works like a charm, I just need to get power to it & my programmer to set-up the PLC that will run it, I'm not sure as to how I want to do that yet, I may just try & keep it simple & use the timer.

Duhaa! If you look closely I forgot to put a Tee for the stand-pipe!
Guess it means more fancy cutting LOL! I was just reminded from seeing another thread.

Duhaa! If you look closely I forgot to put a Tee for the stand-pipe!
Guess it means more fancy cutting LOL! I was just reminded from seeing another thread.

LOL...That is usually the case.:p That's why I want you to hurry up with your tank so I can refer back to here so I won't make the same mistakes:D (LOL)

So you used buckets huh?? No wonder your back hurts! I'm pulling the hose in one time to do my test run and then I will just pump the water back out into the bathroom after I've tested with one of my pumps:)

LOL...That is usually the case. That's why I want you to hurry up with your tank so I can refer back to here so I won't make the same mistakes (LOL)

ohh i see, so you're using poor Scooter dood as your mouse lab :D :p ...... just kidding.

I found a leak on the second header, I actuated the MBV & a small leak appeared, it is a glued section where I primed only one fitting I hope the primer & gob of glue that I shoved in the spot works, I'll wait two hours before trying it again.

I found a leak on the second header, I actuated the MBV & a small leak appeared, it is a glued section where I primed only one fitting I hope the primer & gob of glue that I shoved in the spot works, I'll wait two hours before trying it again.

That sucks! I know people who never use the cleaner/primer and never have leaks. Make sure when you push the pieces together you give them a quarter turn:p

Well if you actually seen people that don't use primer & just glue then I feel a little better about that connection, I ran a bead around the entire connection lip, hope it works.

I've done it a few times myself :oops: My friend had a small leak on his closed loop before and he shut it off, added a bit of pvc cement around the perimeter of the joint and fired it back up and it didn't leak anymore so hopefully that does the trick:)

Wow Scooty, that project is really coming right along! That plumbing sure did come out nice, and I hope that you get the little leak fixed soon. When do you anticipate getting water and rocks going?

Thanks Tom, I was able to patch glue on the leak & then found a small seepage on the very same header, I don't know what happened here so I was debating on weather or not cutting out that section & redoing it, it would mean the ball valve & the two upper outlets being replaced. When I get back from vacation, I'll start on some of the wood work around the hood & probably order a 50g Oceanic sump & then I'll have to get a return pump. In the mean time I'll continue with the wood work, staining & sealing everything as I wait for parts & money:) I figure once I get the sump circulating, I'll work on the skimmer, I think it will need a new pump, I'll probably get rid of the two Gen-x pumps I have, then I can start putting in the rocks while I wait to set-up the lighting, I will cook the rocks in the main tank for a while basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back