Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Scooterman. As for the primer, I know alot of people (including myself) that don't or have not used it. I have had no problems yet. It.s been almost 5 months.

I'm thinking I'll use some sort of marine Epoxy on it & call it good, I looked for PVC epoxy but can't find that.
Thanks Ron.

just tagging along scooter, this is going to be an awsome set up. great job.
\steve

Been having minor set-backs, just had wisdom teeth removed, & other expenses that is holding me a little longer than planned but I'm still making progress, I'm through preparing the wall that needs to be painted & soon when I can move I'll start painting so I can cross that off my list. In the meantime here is my new sump, I need to get it drilled & have the glass shop cut me some pieces to make the baffles but these shots will give you an idea of what it is going to look like. this will add to a total of 183 gallons of water space now, more is better I'm told.:rolleyes:

Nice Scooty!!! Cat fish rock as well:p You'll be back on your feet soon getting it all up and running...Just rest those gums for now:)

hey that looks awesome !!!
but i think i'm missing something.... is it me or the tank looks to small :p.
i love the cute cat in the sump i think he could be the next filtration system :D .

Waste removal is difficult for these species, also feeding, they eat tons of food, I'd recommend only experienced persons to try & keep one of these long term:D

Gaby If you want to make a trip to Louisiana & pick it up, my wife would praise you:( LOL
Charlie, sometimes I let it outside & he gets so hot, it isn't 10 minutes he wants back in, go figure!
Thanks James, now all I need to do I hook it up :)

gabby you want a kitten. my girlfriend thinks since I have so many tanks she can have a zoo. the kittens gotta go.

sorry for the hyjack scooty.... so when we gonna see water in the tank??

Well today I got in my Sequence Wahoo 1550GPH with a 32 foot cutoff, I think I might of gotten too big of a pump, I will have to keep I guess about 12" of solid water to keep up with it, this pump is three times bigger than the closed loop pump, any advise on this before I start setting up the sump will be appreciated.

Scooterman said:
Well today I got in my Sequence Wahoo 1550GPH with a 32 foot cutoff, I thing I might of gotten too big of a pump, I will have to keep I guess about 12" of solid water to keep up with it, this pump is three times bigger than the closed loop pump, any advise on this before I start setting up the sump will be appreciated.

Stand back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

My peoples, this isn't your grandmothers pump, 18" long 36 lbs, massive, the little 4200 series isn't comparable LOL

Man...I think I need to make a trip up that way Scooty for the weekend and help you get all finished up! I'm sure we could knock that thing out in no-time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back