Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Craig, it is in need of an update, got to steal the bosses digital camera for some images, might do it this weekend.

Crow's Ridge. You can find that coral other places. I would check with some of our southern california Friends. I believe at Daves Last frag swap it was floating around. You also need the Rainbow Monti if you want the whole collection. Also try Frags.org

Last edited:
CB can't wait until you update with pics. Nice looking site you have and the inspirational tanks are awesome too.

Hey TG how are you?Nice to heard from you!Your tank looks good too.
I'm glad you kept your tank BB it's much easier to keep it clean.
I cant wait to upgrade my tank to a bigger one.
Also I like to set up a reef tank that i can view from all around,It's like having more than one tank.
I see that your frags had grown to be beautiful nice colonies.
What's your lighting now?Give us some new info. about your tank will you?TIA
Regards VINA

I saw in this post someone stated that they use limewater to speed up the corraline growth? Forgive me cause i am kinda new to this, but what exactly is limewater and what does it do? Is it safe for everthing in the tank? Sounds like a good idea for me to do. All these tanks look wonderful, Keep it up so i can learn from you ;)

-Jessica

Jessica, welcome to RF!

Lime water is also known as Kalkwasser, which is a way to add calcium to your tank for all calciferous organisms. Snails, stoney corals, crabs, shrimp, and coraline algea are just some examples of organisims that preciptate calcium from the water column to build their skelatons and exoskelatons.

One must be very careful to drip the solution slowly as to not reate a chemical imbalance in your water column and spike your Ph too high. You need to test your Ph ans Alk to ensure they are in balance and your calcium stays in the 400 - 450 ppm range.

Thanks for the welcome and the answer to my question.... Your reply was very helpful and i think i will be setting one of these up on my 90 gallon tank. Thanks you for all your help...

-Jessica

Heres my fish tank.

Hi Vina!! Your tanks is SO gorgeous!
Oops, two months later - I gotta get online more often. Same old lights on my tank (250W - 20K MHs and 165W Actinics).

But, I'm downsizing, after talking about it for ages, to a 120 (4'x2'x2'). Will keep my absolute favorite corals and fish. I'd be farther along except I broke the new tank bringing it home - sheesh!! That hurt! So, it got sent back to have a new bottom put on it. It should to be back tomorrow. I'll miss the 260 but won't miss the maintainance.

Craigy, Thanks for the info on your cleanup crew. Lookin' wonderful!!

All these tanks are superb!! Great Thread!!

Main System back on line!

After moving a few months ago I was able to get my Cube tank and Frag system back up and dialed in. The two tanks share a 100 gallon sump. I picked up a whole bunch of Teardrop Maximas and Ultra Croceas, perfect for an frag tank.

Hey Paul,
The cube is lookin great again. Glad to see tanks progressing after all your hard work. Pm me with directions to your new place. Gonna have to check em out up close.:D Scott

Back