Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike...
What is your current lighting setup right now?

Thanks

mojoreef said:
sideshot.jpg

full_tank.jpg

DSCN1376.jpg

coral_shots.jpg

mike

Katchupoy said:
CB, whats the light specs?

Sorry for this late reply. The pictures of my nano is from when I only had 100watts of NO flourscents over it (5 x 20w tubes). This has since changed. I'm now running 80w NO flourscents (3x blue, 1 x actinic) plus 150w double ended MH. I only got a 4200K bulb though... just waiting for Santa to drop off my 10 000K :) ... although I might even go with a 250w DE 14 000k Aqua Connect halide at the end of Jan... mmmmm

Also since the last images, I lost all my acro's due to RTN:( The heat hit my tank in a huge way, summer down here in Africa is killer. The halide was only added after RTN attacked my acro's. However my monti cap. survived and I've recently added a beautiful lime green Lobophyllia hemprichii and a reddish Montipora foliose (I think). I might be picking up some new shroom's and a toadstool leather this evening. New tank images to be posted tomorrow.

The tanks on this thread are amazing. So much inspiration, this is one of my all time favourite threads. Thanks.

Last edited:
Whats the coral piece above and to the left of your RBTA?
Nick

Just a couple from my gallery. There are quite a few more in my gallery of specific pieces.

2071IMG_0931_2_.JPG

2071IMG_0924_2_.JPG

2071IMG_0925_2_.JPG

All of the tank pics in my gallery were taken on 12/7/04. Now I need to figure out how to actually get the pics to show.

Last edited:
VM,
its really difficult to tell from the 2nd pic...but there is a small angel on the far right side of the pic...looks most likely to be a flameback, (noway to tell if its african or brazillion.....) or....possibly a resplendant angel...but I kinda doubt it since they dont have the orange/yellow on the breast, just the head and along the dorsal line. I've never seen a resplendant outside of pictures, so I cant really say for sure...
Have you had any issues with any of your angells nipping on corals or clams?
Nick

VegasMike - I think you are just missing the img tags. So for the first picture (minus the *) it would look like this: [*img]http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_members/data/500/2071IMG_0931_2_.JPG[*/img]

or, when you remove the *s ...

2071IMG_0931_2_.JPG

First off, thanks Nikki, I think I got it now.

Maxx, It's an African Flameback that I have had for over four years and has made it through the upgrade from the 150 to the 450 with no problems. The only problem I have with the Flameback is aggression. He likes to welcome all new additions with a few laps in and out of the rockwork. He only keeps it up for about a day though. I also have an Juv. Imperator in there that you can see in the pics if you look for him. He is a model reef inhabitant so far, not even bothering the LPS in the tank. There is also a H. Tusk that rarely ever ventures out, about 3" long, cute little guy who hasn't really taken to eating anything but flake food yet.

I am currently on the hunt fro a Conspic.

Mike

Katrina - tank is looking great! I see new acquisitions in there!!

Chuck your tank is awesome, and those are great pics. Looks like you have a clown that likes to be the center of attention :)

Is that neon green acro a millipora?

Last edited:
Back