Show your Pets

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cool pictures everyone! Steve, where's the bird? This isn't just for dogs you know(LOL) If you've got roaches, frogs, whatever post um.

Becky - I miss my Dane :(. She was the greatest. The first pic is her outside. She wouldn't go outside if it was raining.....unless I went with her and held an umbrella over her. She had the largest sized "coat" for the freezing winter....but the largest sized coat was so short on her, it looked like a saddle. Of course, she had to be on special hypoallergenic food (Venison and Potato), as all my animals wind up with some ailment that costs a fortune, and she ate about 100# of it a month. We miss her all the time, but her ashes are in a box on the mantle. The second pic is Kelly and I sleeping on the couch. That pic is from a loooonnngg time ago. Gaaaa - the old college furniture!!! She slept inbetween us, too, and under the covers. Also, she would drink out of the bathroom sink. After getting a nice sloppy drink, she'd come into the room and shake next to the person dressed the nicest! She was the most loving dog I've ever owned.

ROFL - in defence of the pic of me sleeping.....I just noticed it looks like a have a mustache. That is actually my hair across my face. :lol: Yikes!

I used to have a Standard Schnauzer and Mini Schnauzer. The standard I used to show, and stud. But he was a great dog. LOVED my kids, he was our wake up alarm when my oldest would wake up in the middle of the night ready for mommy to feed her. Had to sell him back to the breeder though. Good thing they don't treat thier show dogs like most breeders do.

We just recently had to put our mini down, He was 10 years old and ended up with Canine diabetes. He was a grumpy old fart. Had personality plus. but hated most big dogs, he thought he was an American Staffy. lol. Loved all Cats, horses and cows. Not to fond of my kids, though he never snapped at them once.

I would show pics but the only pics I have are on paper and my scanner isn't working.

charlie said:
Those are some good lookin dogs guys. Don, you got a couple more of your little guy?

He's been a real pain lately so havent felt much like taking his picture. Bostons are just plain evil little monsters until they get a year or so.

Don

hmm the only pets that i have are my fishes at the moment krish but i'd like a Rottweiler .
I also used to have hmm 1 hamster and 2 baby rats in Mexico but my mom wouldn't let me pay for their airplane ticket :( .

Nikki! Cute Dane!!!! I want a black/white Dane also. I also really like the blue/grey ones with black spots. My husband and I can't decide whether or not to get her ears to stand up or be natural but I think floppy ears give them such a cute look :) I've wanted a Dane my whole life.

Gabby, I used to have the cutest little mini hamster a few years back, but the airlines wouldn't allow me to bring him on the plane and I was moving from Ohio to Seattle. I had to give him away. :(

Would you call my crabby yard squirrel a pet???

ya i'm sure my pets got eaten by some cats :( .
and yes i would call him a pet i mean if he lets you touch him and all that stuff :D

Here are a couple of some of our cats. We also have other cats, rabbits, a pigeon, eight raccoons that think they're pets, and of course fish. We're actually low on animals right now; it's usually like a zoo outside. I had that last picture (the close-up) enlarged to 30" X 20". It came out fantastic, but a bit scary.

Clayton

This is my Rottenweiler Cleo. She's going to be 11 in April. She's had breast cancer, been shot in the foot, fell in a 30 foot feeder canal in the Columbia Basin and broke most of her toes and fell off the feed truck (where I was only letting her ride that one single time!) and was run over by the duals. I'm the luckiest mommy on the planet, no matter what she's cost. She used to be a therapy dog that goes into nursing homes and what not to bring peoples spirits up. As a cancer survivor, it was amazing to see how people reacted to her.

cleo3.jpg

A good Rottie is honestly a hard dog to beat. Just remember, they need to be with their people. They don't do well being left to their own devices, as they are many, and quite convoluted ;).

This is Zac. He was a dane that I fostered, and later adopted. He was a wonderful dog that just needed help finding his place in his forever family. He would walk up to you, turn around and sit down on your lap, with his feet still on the floor. He really was a riot.

ruthieandzac.jpg

I implore ANYONE considering a dane to please contact your local rescue first. So many people have no real concept of what it takes to care for a dog that size, and many great dogs get turned back for rescue. Besides, then you get to skip the puppy chewing and potty training stage and get straight to a wonderful companion that will also really appreciate you!

Ok, here's me getting off my soapbox. I just loved this thread :)

Barbie

Nice pictures Clay and Barbie. I'm beginning to regret starting this thread because I want one of each right now.(LOL) Aw well, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...Or can you?

Barbie said:
He would walk up to you, turn around and sit down on your lap, with his feet still on the floor. He really was a riot.

OMG - my dane did the exact same thing. They make great lap dogs :D. She used to sit on the couch that way, too.....bottom on the couch, and front feet on the floor.

It was great to see some cats! I love kittens, they're really adorable, and hilarious to watch. Here are mine:

The first is our little Emily. She was rescued from a SUV engine. This is her relaxing in the tub.

The second is our old man...Schumacher. Lovingly called Schu for short. Back in the day, he turned very angry when our Dane died. They were buds. He used to stalk me if I went to the bathroom at night and bite me in the back of the ankle. I would sprint to the bathroom and close the door really fast. When it was time to go back to bed, I'd peek out of the bathroom looking for him (I could never see him anyway - I don't know why I bothered), then I'd sprint back to the bed. He'd usually get me right as I was getting into the bed. Once we got Emily, he stopped most of that. Now (7 years later), he lets my 4 year old daughter carry him around....his feet dragging behind her. He's a pretty big cat (long), so it is really cute to see, and he doesn't seem to mind.

Beautiful pets everyone!

Here are some pics of my German Shepard and our wonderfully talented calico cat that we rescued from the local animal shelter. The cat loves to play fetch for hours LOL~

Here are my Kitties! The first Pic is of Oliver(grey) and Cassie(black) and the second one is of Chloe (fuzzy one). Chloe was the one we thought was a girl so unfortunately we have a boy cat named Chloe.... :lol:
Nikki, Chloe does the same thing to me. He chases me and attacks my ankles. He's super hyper and a lot of fun :)

2002-11-09-23-34148.jpg
2004-11-10-20-3731.jpg
2004-10-27-04-0014.jpg

OMG - they are so cute! The last pic is the best....who could resist that??? (no comments from cat haters, please!) :p

Clay dood those are some cute little kitties !!!
the same for you Becky and Woodstock !!
Barbie you know i love Rottweilers so please add some more pictures !! i think she's so so so cute !!!
Now, your dane is not really a dog girl .. nope she's a horse !!! those dogs are the biggest dogs i have ever seen in my whole entire life :eek: how can a dog get that huge !! :shock:

Great danes are awesome animals. My neighbor has a large solid black dane that gallops around like a horse. It can look straight into a car's window without effort!

how can a dog get that huge !!

I can tell you how....mine ate about 100# of food a month.

Doni - that is a great pic of the dane in the middle. That is exactly how my Kelly used to lay down. Too cute!

I'm going to be "dog sitting" my brother's yellow lab for 3-1/2 years when he gets stationed to Japan...starting this Thanksgiving. We've already decided that if Tanner doesn't exaggerate my daughter's asthma, we're going to add another Dane to our household.

Back