Skimmer build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Well, I wasnt going to post about my skimmer I am building but I figured what the heck!
This is a massive skimmer, it is about 50'' tall with an 8'' chamber and cup with a 4'' neck. it has dual injectors which will Recirculate with an ampmaster 3000 I will run a genex mak-4 for the feed pump. this skimmer should be able to run a tank around 1000+ gallons

Here are a couple pics with my 4 year old Daughter Jocelyn to compare size...

Thanks for lookin...
Matt

forsale002-1.jpg

forsale004-1.jpg

I will run it on my tank for now but will probably sell it when someone comes along that needs a good skimmer for a huge tank..

My total water volume right now is 250, but soon to be around 325 so it will do the job very well..

Matt

someone like me? sorry, didnt get a chance to call ya back. I fell asleep.

this is right up your alley for your shark tank!
this dual injector recirc skimmer will be way more powerfull that a needle wheel or mesh recirc skimmer..

Matt

thanks krish, hopefuly I will have this running in about a week, I will post pics of its performance...

matt

Man I've been thinking about this problem for hours now & can only come up to one conclusion, you will have to remake the bottom half completely, Man I feel bad for you doing all that work for nothing!

Man I've been thinking about this problem for hours now & can only come up to one conclusion, you will have to remake the bottom half completely, Man I feel bad for you doing all that work for nothing!

:lol::lol::badgrin:

I since a little sarcasm?

I know this is built right, ( I built it)
:lol::lol::lol:

Actually I was talking about comparing the first pic to the second Pic where all you have is a girl (daughter) holding the top, I just don't see how you can get skimmate from such a cute little girl!:shock:

April Fools!:p It didn't take much for Don to see where I was going with this!;)

Yea to me it looks they are as high as they can go with that configuration, unless you move the unions or redo it?

Put the bottom of the injector housings at least level with the lower flange. Take a look at barrs skimmers and you'll see what I mean. Even a little higher wouldnt hurt with the little 1" tube.

Don

She's a adorable for sure. ;) Man Scooter, your mean. Matts was really stressed out there i think! LOL!
I still want to see what's inside the box. I am curious how you separate the mixing tubes from the output. I just built a Beckett skimmer also.

Back