Speakers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow, I know we talked about Frank Marini, he wants to visit and planned on it, I spoke with Mike Palleta and he would like to do talk and run with a Red eye flight. PFO, who I have been trying to talk into visiting any thing is finally willing to travel to meeting for free and display thier new light, but they want it to be September. I do not know if they will donate anything, I wish they would. Randy Reed again was offered and possibly free. I had a lot on my plate lately. But I am back and after one more reception for Aunt this Sunday in Quilcean, I will be back a hundred percent. I am sorry for any confusion earlier. I do want PSAS to be the best and want to open as many doors so we grow. The Maxi jet Mods are becoming popular. I am going to purchase 4 maxi jet 1200s this week end for 40 dollars. It would be nice to raffle those off after Modified at Meetings for More Money. It is tuff not being a Not being a non profit organization. I know it will work either way.

Ok, if we do Frank Marini, we need to confirm what he wants.. you had said four nights hotel... the club will do airfare and two nights hotel... can you confirm airfare and two nights is acceptable and then we will book him and what month was that for.

I dont want to add anything else to the September meeting... :(

Message from Mario today copied.

Mario asked me earlier if Randy Reed could do a meeting. I spoke with you guys about it. This is email I recieved today. My pm box is full and I am at work so I will clean it later.

09-05-2006, 01:25 PM
OceanReef
Submariner

My Photo Gallery

I will cancel Randy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed,

I am guessing since I have not yet heard back from you that the club is not interesting in having Randy Reed from Reed Mariculture come up on the 16th.

He was willing to purchase his ticket up and everything himself. He was going to bring free product too. But thats ok, I will tell him it is looking for a no go.

Just trying to help out.

Ocean Reef Aquatics
20714 State Hwy 305, Suite 3F
Poulsbo, WA. 98370
(360) 779-9499

http://www.oceanreefaquatics.com

Open Mon-Sat 11-6, Sun 11-5

oh boy! We have had scott michael booked for a long time now. Its great that he is willing to buy a ticket himself, but we cann't just squeeze in people at every meeting. we already got into enough of a jam when eric setup Adilade at the last meeting. If Randy Reed is that motivated to come up on his own dime and bring product, then we should look into booking him for a meeting later in the year...

Any corporate speaker that will be promoting their product at the meeting, really should pay their own way IMO.

-Josh-:cool:

oh boy! We have had scott michael booked for a long time now. Its great that he is willing to buy a ticket himself, but we cann't just squeeze in people at every meeting. we already got into enough of a jam when eric setup Adilade at the last meeting. If Randy Reed is that motivated to come up on his own dime and bring product, then we should look into booking him for a meeting later in the year...

I agree..:)

So I missed this Mario/Randy Reed deal. So just what IS the deal? I mean Mario had a royal fit and told us off basically over inquiries into his posting about the maxi jet mod that I had already posted.. etc... etc... So now Mario is trying to find us speakers? I'm really confused and feel like I'm in a time warp.

Mario wrote me a pm asking if it was possible to get Randy Reed for a speaker. Mario said he was talking to him, that was it. He never stated a date.

Reviewing the Thread from Adelaid, I am trying to understand why PSAS would get negative feed back from Guest speakers? Is this just Chatter from A LFS owner that is upset because of what ever, or is it true?

Speakers don't believe we treat them well enough. That there is not good enough planning into who picks them up, who drives them around, etc.

I heard a few complaints.

-Josh-:cool:

So, how do we fix that? Maybe Mapquest the trip a day ahead, I know I should. I am not helping that area. I am lost most the time. So maybe its my fault. So maybe a promise to the Speaker before hand and communicate with him a preplan so he or she feels better.
Scott had his own rental which was cool.

I would suggest sending them an itinerary with suggested resaurants in the area, who will be picking them up, or where they can get their car..etc. If people want help from me on that front, let me know - I would be happy to have a template to send to speakers to make them feel "loved and important" :D

I know what this is about at least I'm fairly certain. Up until this passed year, Mike Obrien pretty much was Holiday Inn and Denny's. Therefore, I am CERTAIN it was recently. That's why I know, and I'm considering it an isolated incident and not going to loose sleep over it. With that said, we are making progress with the issues Adelaide presented. Josh will be making the new member section on the site when he returns, and has a lot more info to beef up the site. It's all communication issues and we are working on them.

Alice had great input too; everyone (clubs/organizations) fight the same thing. We have the same problem at work trying to get volunteer for even organizing fun stuff. People are busy.

In the past I had wanted to post a help wanted type thing to look for help of who wanted to host a speaker. Like go pick them up, take them to a few places, etc. That was sort of frowned upon, but I'm going to do it. It's just what Adelaide said.

I think we are moving and grooving right; I heard from Frank, he's in, just hasn't confirmed which weekend. I have not heard a reply from Charles, so I'm a little concerned there. Our year is full, and hopefully we can pull off everything and it will be successful and the kabitizing about how unorganized we are will be put to rest.

I wanted to keep this thread active. Recently Colleen and I have talked about James Fartheree. Jame's work includes a active writer for Tropical Fish Hobbyist. James recently put out a book on Clams. Barry N recommended that book Highly. James lives in Florida. This is a chance to bing in a new face and get a good education on clams and SPS systems.
James has September 07 open and penciled us in for that month. So please look forward to Jame Fartheree in September of 2007.

Back