stupid ex- girlfriend blahhhh

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW, that's horrible! Many years ago, I went through a similar experience, when going through a divorce. It was a freshwater planted tank and an iguana though. Like others have suggested, as much as you don't want to "start trouble," you need to look after your own well being. I would highly suggest you file a police report, at the very least. Everything needs to be documented. You aren't the one "starting trouble," she already started the trouble. You need to protect yourself and your belongings!

That totally sucks, and I'm so sorry to hear it. I'm fairly new to the hobby and just the thought of everything, what little I do have, being massacred really does boil my blood, so I can't really imagine how you feel about it. I say you should definitely file a police report at the very least, so you have something in writing if you ever do want to pursue a case against her. Also, I think you should start over, and rebuild. You shouldn't let some crazy ex kill your tank, and also kill your love for the hobby. I'm sure, as many have said on this thread already, that people will donate frags and stuff to get you going again, which is why I fell in love with this site from day 1 that I joined. Keep your head up bro and don't let crazy chicks get the best of you. Empty the tank, dust yourself off, and rebuild it, and post a new thread on your new tank build. :rolleyes: Good luck and again, sorry for the loss.

Will

Hahaha..well..not ALL "crazy chicks" are a bad thing...everyone needs a little "crazy" in their life....but ones that become homicidal and kill one man's passion and hard work, is a whole nother type of coocoo. lol Annnnd...thanks for the "applause", I was actually watching Dr. Phil this morning and felt a little in tune with my "soft, philosophical side". :D kidding..kidding.

mkay, first order of business...
1. NEW LOCKS,
2. security camera on property,
3. police report and restraining order,
(any person who has proven they are
destructive and willing to harm innocent
creatures should have a restraining order against them)
4. small claims court... sue that dumb bitch.

DO IT!!!!!

done and done.

and i got free l33t frags for you when ur ready.

I gotta agree with Mark (Skimmy).

Change the locks is the first order of business, then I would file a police report against your stuff and get a restrainnig order against her.

Do NOT let this go unpunished.

She has to be held accountable for HER actions.

So sorry to hear that. I hope you do something about it and not just let it all (tank and ex) go by without doing something about it. You've got a whole community willing to support you (hopefully) no matter what you decide about what to do next.

OMFG! Duuude this is something u hear or talk about happening and it actually happened to u man. Sry for u loss and the crazy X. Was she crazy before or after she was ur X? Good luck wit both and watever u decide to do, we got ur back! LOL (seriously) skimmy wats a 13 3t frag? Secret code or something lol... ? I concur, any1 willing to hurt an animal should have a restraining order! LOL

btw to go from TOTM to tank of the dead must be heartbreaking annnnd to know it was ur X must be even more hurtful, i swear those crazy women!~

if she still has personal belongings in the house like shampoo conditioner id spike it with some nair hair remover pretty f'd up but it will put a smile on your face when you she her next !!!!!don't mess with the best we always win!!! keep your gear you'll b back this is why a lotta guys are single crazzzzzzy ladies can't b trusted near aquariums j/k good luck with the tank and future relationships !!!!!

I got some corals for you when you are ready.
File the report!!!!!!!!!!

You need to see there is a bright side to this situation. It may not seem like that now. Trust me it will only get better.

Thanks again guys. I have a day off tomorrow I will go from there. It looks like its more then bleach . When I turn everything on it gets all soapy.
So detergent could have been put in too. How am I gonna get that off the rocks?

man i would totly kill the woman litterly!! ant ways to clean the rocks and equipment kinda ironic but use bleach and vinegar then put in the oven or bbq then start the cureing proccess in a rubermaid container with a powerhead and change the water every day or so for about 3 weeks. this can be done with all ur eqipment also kent marine makes a live rock prep has a brush on the bottle and everythin i use on all my rock befor i cure it and cycle.

OMFG! Duuude this is something u hear or talk about happening and it actually happened to u man. Sry for u loss and the crazy X. Was she crazy before or after she was ur X? Good luck wit both and watever u decide to do, we got ur back! LOL (seriously) skimmy wats a 13 3t frag? Secret code or something lol... ? I concur, any1 willing to hurt an animal should have a restraining order! LOL

she was crazy but never new. She would actually do it

You need to at least file a police report, if she did that and got away with it, then she will do something similar to you or to some other future boyfriend, there must be consequences to stop her the next time.

so heres the pics OMg :pout:
before

545707_2069209225216_1694419543_1057792_267425974_n.jpg

after =(

20120423_145223-1.jpg

20120423_145240.jpg

20120424_164352.jpg

20120424_165638.jpg

she was crazy but never new. She would actually do it

at least u admit it rothany lol... ull end up bringing that tank back stronger than ever!
Vinegar bathing time and maybe totally cook that rock down... imo
-d

I know I'm a bit far for you but I have some base rock that I bought and it was WAY more than I needed (but super cheap for how much I got). It has some dead algae from the previous owner but it works. Let me know if you want any of it.

Back