Swifty's 265 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just found out why the other one wasnt working, it was because it needs to be primed first somehow. Thank you though Jesse. I talked to Jason at CFI and I am going to be sending my tank over to him to get fixed. So I have a little while to mess with this pump to get it to work.

Well the patch didn't work. My return pump that got from someone on here doesn't work. The other pump for my back up didn't work and when it finally started working it started squeeling like crazy. So I guess this just means it isn't meant to be. I dont know if I will start up another tank or not. I'll keep you posted.

eeekk!! hope its not the Mag 18 - if it is, let me know - I know it worked before, but it has been in storage for a year or so so there may be a little corrosion on the impeller!

Well I just got in my order from Salty Supply that I put in on the 14th and only one set of the three that I ordered arrived! I got my 4 light bulbs that I ordered but no reflectors and no hydrometer! they all say shipped except the hydrometer says that it is temporarily out of stock. Really frustrating, but then again all I have right now is time right! :) luckily Michael let my borrow a refractometer until I get my hydrometer in. Thanks again Michael!

Well the tank is off to Jason @ CFI! Hopefully he can work his magic with it! I should be getting it back around the 10th so more updates then!

A friend of Jasons was headed over that way so I hooked him up with a little $ and he is dropping it off and picking it up for me on his way back.

No kidding! Its like group therapy but better! :) Just got my reflectors in for my lights! Wahoo! Now how to wire them....

Alright! Just got the tank back so now I'm back in business! Just filled it up for a leak check and found a couple of small leaks. (with the plumbing this time..) How do you fix it when its from spa flex to 90 degree elbow or "T"? Do you just pull it out and then sand and re-cement or is there anything you can put on the outside of it instead of pulling it all apart? Oh yeah, and I will get pics up later. Gotta get some sleep tonight. Its been an exciting day...

Alright! Just got the tank back so now I'm back in business! Just filled it up for a leak check and found a couple of small leaks. (with the plumbing this time..) How do you fix it when its from spa flex to 90 degree elbow or "T"? Do you just pull it out and then sand and re-cement or is there anything you can put on the outside of it instead of pulling it all apart? Oh yeah, and I will get pics up later. Gotta get some sleep tonight. Its been an exciting day...

Just redo it - and be sure to use a ton of cement next time around :) Trying to "patch" the hole works maybe 50% of the time, and the 3 days you spend patching, testing, and repatching could have been saved by just redoing it :lol:

Congrats!! Im glad you were able to get it fixed :D Cant wait to see
it up and running

kill the power and do a fresh rinse,let it dry and then goop the seems with blue pvc cement.
The more you use it takes longer to dry ,fans!
I just set up a 320gallon system and gooped it because i didnt want to go back and see a drip.

Purple primer with blue cement works great with spa-Flex.

ARSA

Back