The 240 is finally starting!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks krish! I actually am very happy with it, because with the old reffugium i had the tank flood out on me several occasions because it hardly had any reserve. I have 50ish gallons of reserve now with this one so it would take alot to flood out on me. The only thing that went wrong is that when i changed out sumps (and stirred up the SB moving it) the nitrates went up to 60:eek:, but luckily i moved the less hardy corals to the frag tank, a few water changes, and i am now moving things back into it with nitrates just under 5:D.

-augustus

Oh and also, when you move things out of a mature reffugium, make sure you where hand protection....A hand full of bristles taught me that:lol:

do you have the trigger in a reef? If so any probs with inverts or aggression?

HAHA...you wouldnt beleive how many Q's i get about this guy:lol: Yes, him and a niger is in a mixed reef with urchins, cleaner shrimp, CB shrimp, Blood shrimp, feather dusters....ect. They have never done anything wrong nesides eat too much. Thanks for the comments:D

-augustus

Here is a picture of the niger:)
the240galsetup294.jpg

cool. Would be great in a reef but not sure ive got the balls to give it a go in a 500 gal 4 foot deep reef :lol:

Augustus,

I like your pic of the pinktail and niger!! Hey i gotta ask you a Q about your pinktail. What do you feed it and how much and how often? Mine eats a ton and still seems to look skinny at the bottom. Like he's starving or something? Yours looks very nice and rounded.

Would be great in a reef but not sure ive got the balls to give it a go in a 500 gal 4 foot deep reef

Yes, if something turned bad in there you deffinently wouldnt want to catch him:p. But then again...it is the perfect sized tank :roll eyes:

I like your pic of the pinktail and niger!! Hey i gotta ask you a Q about your pinktail. What do you feed it and how much and how often? Mine eats a ton and still seems to look skinny at the bottom. Like he's starving or something? Yours looks very nice and rounded.

Thanks nick:D Kind of weird that we have the same trigger (scifi noise). To be honest with you, i really dont feed him TOO much. I try to give about a half to full sheet of nori (or 100% green flake) everytime i get home from school. Mostly because as soon as i walk in he starts to swim at the top of a tank like a shark and i know that if he really wanted to, he could eat everything in the tank :p. Then when i feed all my fish later in the evening, I mix something green in with what ever the meat of the day is (mysris, brine, clam...). I feed him so much green because i figure it is less toxic (to the tank) that way and it is (i hope) more healthy for him:). That is pretty much it, besides sometimes on weekends i will give him a morning treat. Hope that answered your question and if i competly missed it, let me know:D

-augustus

Update>>>>>>>>>

Just thought that it was time for an update since it has been awhile:)

A seapen i got from eric at shark, this was taken when it was closing up, but it is huge (almost football) when it is fully open, i will try to get a better pic.
100_0707.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0710.jpg

Blueface from barrier, very cool just a little shy.
100_0706.jpg

Weird star polyps???
100_0665.jpg

Clam from eric too :)
100_0660.jpg

Hey cwazy, i have been working with my dad for the last 3 years. Havent really had much of an out-of-school life, but what i come home to everyday is deffinently worth it :D

-augustus

Love your pics... I can't wait to have some animals like that... but slow is the game, not to mention the $$$

Nooo More Towels!!!!!!!!!

It is amazing, i have finally finished the doors for my hood. The wood has been sitting around for awhile, just never had the time for it. Looks pretty good (nothing compared to towels, but still :lol:) Now i just have to finish that the cabinet doors...

100_0836.jpg

100_0840.jpg

100_0852.jpg

thanks for looking

-augustus

Back