The 240 is finally starting!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Back in october i had a major ich break out so i took all the fish that i could trap and put them in QT. The annularis and others died within that time and now i QT everything for a month(s) and wont let that happen again. Because i was never able to take all the fish out and just added some "reef-safe no ich" when that happened, i am sure it is possible for there to still be ich in there but i just havent had any fish show signs since. So i just try to stick with QT'ing first and not introducing "ich prone" fish, although i due have a blue tang that is fine. :)

-augustus

Just to add, the big pink tail and the blueface are both gone to good homes which lightened the bioload signifacantly.

Just to add, the big pink tail and the blueface are both gone to good homes which lightened the bioload signifacantly.[/QUOTE]

Who are the lucky new owners??
Those were some great fish..

Matt

Sorry to hear about the annularis angle and your other losses. I've always loved those fish.

Nick

Great job Balogh03! I just bought a 96x24x24 240gal acryl myself. I need help bilding my stand. I would like to do a cherry stain finish.

Updateage....

Since it has been a couple months since i had an update, thought i would post one :). Havent gotten much new that i can think of, besides matts shark. That is right, i am trying it and seeing the out come :p...shark, small fish, and lots of inverts. I did redo one side of my tank and am getting ready to redo the rest opening it up a little bit and getting rid of some rock. Still havent really decided on wich way i am going with the tank so it is just at a stand still. That is pretty much it for now, just thought i would add some. :)

-augustus

100_1265.jpg

100_1309.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1130.jpg

100_1288.jpg

Thanks for the coments guys :)

I think the less time i have to work on my tank, the better things turn out :p

-augustus

Thats a nice Brown Banded Bamboo shark, (Chiloscyllium punctatum). Should do well in your tank as long as its not attacked by other fish...IE, your tangs and any angels you have in the tank.

Max size according to Scott Michaels Aquarium Sharks & Rays is almost 41 inches in length. These sharks are primarily nocturnal, have bred in captivity, and juveniles may take some time to feed initiallu when getting used to the new tank. However they tend to be particular about where they hang out, often staying in the same spot for several weeks and even months....it will unfortunately lose the pretty dark brown stripes as it gets older.

Good luck with it.

Nick

Thanks Nick :)

After a week, he is doing really good and comes out every time i put feed in the water. I even saw my coral banded shrimp picking off his back the other day...so as of now, he is fine with inverts.

-augustus

Hey Augustus, your tank looks great and The shark looks happy too. Good Luck...

Matt

Since it has been a couple months since i had an update, thought i would post one :). Havent gotten much new that i can think of, besides matts shark. That is right, i am trying it and seeing the out come :p...shark, small fish, and lots of inverts. I did redo one side of my tank and am getting ready to redo the rest opening it up a little bit and getting rid of some rock. Still havent really decided on wich way i am going with the tank so it is just at a stand still. That is pretty much it for now, just thought i would add some. :)

-augustus

100_1265.jpg

100_1309.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1130.jpg

100_1288.jpg

Back