The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the offer mytee but I have most all of my corals sitting in friends tank, it was supposed to be just a couple of months, but that turned into....well alot longer lol

Mojo

Ok note to all, when order from Marco Big means BIG!!!!! Got the rock to the house and their are some huge pieces!!!!!!

005.JPG

The board on the deck are 2x6
0043.JPG

0034.JPG

0023.JPG

0012.JPG

Well... good thing you have a BEAST of tank to put them in. Thats some pretty sweet lookin' rock there Mike, should make for some outstanding aquascaping.

Cheers, Todd

Nice rock Mojo! Looks very pourus! I'd love to get my hands on that batch of rock you have there and see what kind of cool aquascape work I could come up with! The fact that it is all base rock would be awesome to work with because there is no race against time. You have all the time in the world to mess with it out of water! :)

Those MacroRocks look awesome. Can't wait to see the rebirth of your tank. Tagging along :D

Cheers,
Alex

Darth they may be just a little to big, lol I ordered medium and Large, just didnt realize large was HUGE!! I kind of see some chiseling myself

Mojo

yah was just busting your chops. a few of those pieces may create some huge dead zones in the tank and u could probably make some nice big arch pieces if u break half of that egg shaped one off.

Leave it to Marco, he does everything Big or should we say HUGE! He has some of the best/beautiful rock for reef building in the industry. Look at how clean this rock arrived.

Mojo, you made a great decision going with Marco's rock. I'm starting a new project myself and I too will be using Marco's rock for my build.

Leave it to Marco, he does everything Big or should we say HUGE! He has some of the best/beautiful rock for reef building in the industry. Look at how clean this rock arrived.

Mojo, you made a great decision going with Marco's rock. I'm starting a new project myself and I too will be using Marco's rock for my build.

you sure you dont work for marco rocks ? :p

Dude,

dont poke the bear. Last guy that poked at Mike got the internet shut down around his area.....

Mike pokes back....hard.

Nick

Krish I got about three pieces larger then that, Just insane. What I like about this rock is that it fits together so well, you will never see the joints.

Ok update time, painful day, never a good to have arthritis and work in the water all day.

Started taking the lights and skimmer off the tank.
006.JPG

Started peeling rock out of the tank and put some in the sump, kept some of the nicer corraline covered rock in the sump and one container. I will use this rock to harvest bugs, worms, stars, sponges and so on from when ready
0152.JPG

and the balance goes straight into the bleach bin for cooking.

018.JPG

did a little harvesting prior on some of the piece, a little sparkling water and probably got a couple pounds of worms, lol

014.JPG

Caught some fish\

0162.JPG

then draining, and draining and draining, lol

0171.JPG

and finally it dry, sprayed her down with some vinegar and called it a day....bones are sore..tomorrow I will do a good clean and then rip some plumbing out.
0191.JPG

Big thanks to Matt and Steve for all the help.

Mojo

You're welcome Mike. Next weekend will be much more fun, I won't haveto wear my gloves in fear of worms!!!!!

Back