Vortech Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

See what I mean, really cool. We'll have to wait and see how they hold up. All that switching of directions has to be hard on the thing mechanically. The Controller is already done as well and was part of that display. Only drawback - made by the same folks that brought us Rio pumps, TAAM. But then again, let's withhold judgement until we see the thing hit the shelves. At least TAAM has some history of bringing a product to market in large quantities.

If you use the alternating flow feature, you have to deal with designing a closed loop where the inlets are the outlets and visa versa. This might make it hard to get directionality of the flow since you have to have protection on every outlet/inlet so that fish don't get sucked in. Of course, splitting the 2" inlet/outlet helps greatly.

yeah, the design logistics on that will be interesting. inlets are outlets and outlets are inlets and how do you protect fish and not reduce flow too much. definitely a nice new addition to the pump family.

My initial thought were to use it with two or three inlets/outlets on each side with the basket strainers. Flow directionality would be primarliy strainght out of the strainer, but spread out in a broader pattern by the basket, creating a much broader flow pattern, like the Tunzes, maybe even broader. The real question will be is that enough inlets and does the controller allow a range of flow and flow ramp-up.

It should be a great addition to the menu of pump options, as you said. Supposedly, Dave B. is getting one to play with very soon.

Mike

VegasMike said:
Only drawback - made by the same folks that brought us Rio pumps, TAAM. But then again, let's withhold judgement until we see the thing hit the shelves. At least TAAM has some history of bringing a product to market in large quantities.

Of course TAAM also brought us the Seio's which are great considering the price.
I will definitely be watching for reviews on this one.

Tim

krish75 said:
LOL...8 man! I want a tsunami tank:p

The mental image of a 75 gallon tank with 88000 gallons per hour of flow is very impressive, your lights may be a little too close to the water krish.:)

Tim

The mental image of a 75 gallon tank with 88000 gallons per hour of flow is very impressive, your lights may be a little too close to the water krish.

Tim

Who needs lights!:p Naw, but those pumps really do look cool though. Like you mentioned about the Seio's, if they follow in the same footsteps, then those pumps should be real nice. All they need to do is carry the same price tag:)

The more of these competitors to the Vortech and the Tunzes come out the lower the prices should go. Should being the key word here...they may rip us on all fronts...we'll see. I am always happy to see new competitive products coming out. Innovation is a great thing.

That design was pretty sweet, of course i thought the Vortech design was sweet until i seen the pricetag, lol. Im sure these bad boys will be at least $20-30 dollars, lol

well if u u guys are gonna pay 325 ill be paying 400 500 in australia
why cant sumone make something like this that is only 100 bucks i like my seios it was 50bucks and is awsome im planning on replacking my maxi jets 3 more thats only 200 all up with wide flow and directional sure it might be a little big but 2 tunze would be like a 1000 bucks with a contoler
i dont mind spending money but how do u guys justify spending that much money on pumps i got sum 1000liter pumps for 20 bucks and 2 of them rip up my 3 foot

I'm in the same boat as you Morgan. I end up paying atleast 50% on average extra for everything I get from away...

Well... I just got my beta vortech upgraded to production model, and I'm happier than ever.

Here is a pic I took earlier with a wood airstone underneath it.

vortech.jpg

-Josh-:cool:

Yeah, the vortech completely packed the tank with bubbles, in about 2 seconds... it was fun to watch :D

-Josh-:cool:

i want to know what is your opinion any one thanks.

ok, my tank 120 gallon 48x24x24 + 2 o/f run mag1200 (bare bottom ) and about 220 live rock .i have 3 seio m2600 (2600gph) i see all the time detritus in the bootom of the tank i try to position the ph in any position and still can't get rid of it :mad:
i think about 3 option and want to see what all of you think or to get some more idea.

1. to add more 3 seio m2600
2. to add 2 vortec pump
3. to add 2 tunze 6100
4. to add one tunze 6200

about close loop i don't have space in the back of the tank for 1" or 1.5" pipe and i don't want to drill the tank to take the risk of crack the glass, but maybe there is option that i don't know yet and you can give different idea.

thanks all

michael

Add 2 tunze 6100 with a multicontroller 7095 you can no do this with a vortec it has no multicontroller and will not have one any time soon.

Back