Well your going to think I'm crazy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I almost am.

So I am taking down the 180 gal tank. I am also taking down the 90 gal tank.

I need to move my 40b frag tank too.

I found something that is so perfect. Going to be a lot of work, but I couldnt pass this up.

Custom built 250 gal AGA, w/dual overflow, a custom made sump tank with an Iwaki return pump that does 2000 gallons per hour.. Custom built solid oak stand and canapy. Comes with 400w MH's & 2 6 ft vhos (of which I will be gettiing rid of). I will continue using the radions.

Oh I cant wait!

2013-02-11120342_zps31484dcb.jpg

OMG!!!!
I need to go back thru your 180 build. I think I asked what you were going to do next, because you liked the build part of things so much!!!!!!

Your crazy!!!

But I am looking forward to following along on another one of your builds!!!

I think I will document the taking down of the 180. The poor fish are going to be housed in a 55 for the transition. Hopefully its only a week or so.

Oh I did what I said I was going to do, but I didnt post it anywhere.
I did set up the 40B frag tank.
I have to move it too. Its sitting next to the 180.

WOW! Lorrie you are insane.... the good kind of insanity though. Guess I really have to make it over soon to see the 180g before it's gone.

Cheers, Todd

Better make it quick. I will start moving things right after the frag swap. I will move the frag tank first, then get the 55 set up for the fish. I have a tub that I am going to plumb into the 55 for most of the rock and the skimmer. The rest of the rock will go into the 55. A couple fish from the 180 will not be going into the 250 either.

Lorrie you just practice what you preach...Go Bigger why not!!! Lol!! Im tagging along ad well!! When I went by your place you had just set up your 180. Pretty soon your house will be a tourist attraction!!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Pretty soon your house will be a tourist attraction!!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

HAHA!!! yeah, the neighbor calls my place the Hansville aquarium.

Now if I was keeping the 180 and the 90 up, then yes, the house would be a tourist attraction and I would be CRAZY!
And this is as big as I can go for sure! No more after this....I swear!

Ooo, thats goin to be nice! Me and my wife were thinking about buying that tank. We were talking about it yesterday as a matter of fact. Im sure the guy is happy it aint sittin around like some of the other tanks hes had in the past. Good score, good price!

Its your perogative ( you nut job lol). Congrats on finding something that is "perfect" for you! will this be the build thread?

Congrats Lorrie.....Now that I have a 100gal I want a 180 again. My wife would kill me though. Will be fallowing along with this build for sure.

Ooo, thats goin to be nice! Me and my wife were thinking about buying that tank. We were talking about it yesterday as a matter of fact. Im sure the guy is happy it aint sittin around like some of the other tanks hes had in the past. Good score, good price!

That wasn't you in there yesterday when I was there was it?
I talked to a couple in the shop yesterday.
They were talking about getting and LED light unit for their tank

Congrats Lorrie.....Now that I have a 100gal I want a 180 again. My wife would kill me though. Will be fallowing along with this build for sure.

I'm surprised my husband is as supportive as he is.

Just hope my floor is as supported as I think it is. Should be I have the 180 and a 40 sitting in that space now. Its going to be approx 900 more pounds sitting there. :shock:

So I am stopping by to visit my new tank tomorrow and check out the sump and plumbing and what not to see what all I may need to get to complete the set up.
Plan right now is to have it delivered on the 4th.
I got the 40B frag tank moved last sunday. That was a busy weekend with the frag swap too. Anyway, it took me 6 hours to move it. Came down to filling it back up and I was 4 gals short of saltwater. No big deal. Just made up 20 gals and let it mix for an hour or so.
Almost had a casualty.
I moved the rock and coral out of the tank and into a 50 gal tub. One of the little tiger gobys stayed in the rock during trasfer. I assumed they both did, but the female didnt. Poor little girl. I didnt notice. There were a couple turbo snail shells in the bucket that I used to transfer and a maybe a 1/4" of water. It sat for about 6 hours. I picked up the bucket to dump the water outside and saw movement and there she was. Barely enough water for her to breath in and the poor little thing was so cold. I felt so bad. Well I acclimated her, since I did such a big water change and thankfully she was out eating last night. Tough little fish!

Good news for your fishie. I cant remember, but didnt you use 4x4 timber to brace your floor for your 180? You should be good. If your worried about it, throw some more down there. Wouldnt hurt. Excited yet?

My mom would be the first one talking to strangers. lol...
yes there are two treated 4x4's each supported by two 4x4s, also treated, and concrete footers, each spanning the three floor joists of which the tank should be sitting over two of.

Back