Well your going to think I'm crazy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

has it only been 5 months? seems like a lot longer actually! LOL my husband asked me the other day what I would do if we had to move....MOVE??? are you crazy! I am not moving! I couldnt get anyone to move this thing again! LOL

very nice and and yes you sure can see some nice plump meat on those spines. nuthing wrong with a little extra fat stores some times, right?

Great pics Lorrie. Thank you for sharing them. I've recently changed my feeding from heavy DIY food once a day and nori in the morning to a "three times a day regime" with two eheim feeders and four kinds of dry food. I was worried that my phosphates would skyrocket but my SPS are looking much happier. The fish, not so much although I know that they are getting a more blanced diet now. I do still give the Tangs a Nori treat every couple days and feed the DIY blend once or twice a week or so to keep the LPS happy.

What are you feeding your fish that makes them so fat?

I am feeding a DIY mix of table shrimp & scallops, mysis, frozen formula 1 & formula 2 foods all soaked in vitamins and garlic extract of one kind or another. Also 1/3rd sheet of green and 1/3rd sheet of red seaweed just about every day. I skip a day once or twice a week.

Lorrie,

nice..your obsession is tangs mine is large angels.

Getting another one tomorrow..stay tuned for a separate thread about it.

all I can say is 37 lbs of water is being shipped :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I would love a lavender tang, but I will wait until the vlamingi gets too big and donate her/him. Then I dont think the caribbean blue will allow another tang in the tank. When I added the scopus and I thought he was going to kill it, but they all get along great now.

Back