What do you do?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey you forgot about me, I'm a marine tech for AT,and also a part time (NASA
TEST MONKEY)

ROFL! So you work part time for money and the rest of the time for bananas?:p

21!!! :eek: What's the secret Don??? :confused: 21 years old and has a grandchild:lol:

Hah. This old thread just popped up again! It's so interesting to see what people do. I thought I would join in.

I'm a freelance copy/content editor. I'm also an agent for an independent publishing company called Hacker Friendly. We publish MAKE style books, and I've recently been roped into producing an Introduction to Fresh and Saltwater Aquarium Modifications project (focusing on low/mid-budget DIY). Interested in a contribution, want to write a book yourself, or willing to review chapters? Drop me a line! =]

I also do content/format/copy editing for a series of books concerning Wireless Technology in the Developing World (www.wndw.net). That particular project is fascinating. With contributors from all over the world, the books are being translated into 5 different languages.

This weekend I'm being sent down to San Fran for a convention regarding a popular online game called Second Life. Hacker Friendly is considering producing a book on it's unique scripting language. My job will be to have a lot of fun, and make some new friends. Yeah, that's really tough.

In a previous life, I used to be a Junior Systems Administrator, Web Content Developer, Import/Export Logistics Coordinator, and Assistant Controller.

I like a variety! :)

I'm a business/financial analyst for a local major aerospace company (that's tough to guess, lol). It's nothing spectacular but I'll hopefully be starting my Masters in finace degree so I can get into commercial/investment banking. Then I'll buy my dream tank and pay people to maintain it :)

The only place in the Puget Sound is Seattle University to get a Masters in Finance. Not cheap at about $40K-$50K, thankfully my employer pays for it and gives me a bonus for getting another degree :D

Awesome and congrads. Keep B.A. happy with you. My son's girl (soon to be wife) works as a Business major doing some accounting in damage repair for them. She enjoys the work and atmosphere. It has almost 20% oxygen mixed in with the nitrogen:D (sorry, it is friday and I get a bit nuts):lol: :lol:

Eh, accounting has always been dry for me even though I have a finance degree. I am more into the investing aspect of finance...something about creating money has always interested me, lol.

Blazer88 said:
I'm a business/financial analyst for a local major aerospace company (that's tough to guess, lol). It's nothing spectacular but I'll hopefully be starting my Masters in finace degree so I can get into commercial/investment banking. Then I'll buy my dream tank and pay people to maintain it :)

Pay people?! CHEATER! HAHAHAH! :D

I am a stay at home mommy. To me its full time and never ends. But, I would never change it. My wonderful husband is a Computer Admin. Dont ask me he is a regular on here Brenden......... My husband Brian.

I am a stay at home mommy. To me its full time and never ends. But, I would never change it. My wonderful husband is a Computer Admin. Dont ask me he is a regular on here Brenden......... My husband Brian.

way to go Melissa :D .... now you just gotta move up here, so we can go drinking coffee every morning and talk about the husbands :badgrin: :lol: :D

ohh yeah we know Brenden is a regular here :rolleyes: :p :D .

Gaby you are crazy if you think I would move close to you.:lol: You are already to close.:D

Back