180 gallon dual octogon AGA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The hippo came from us and no it doesn't have hlle. That's algae on the tank glass.

That's kinda what I was thinking. She is very beautiful in person, but my photography sucks, and the glass is getting new algae growth. It's that nasty brownish green stuff since I just put a whole established ecosystem into a non-established clean tank!:oops: (it gets quite a bit of sunlight too since it takes up half my kitchen!:lol:
I have been monitoring all my levels and adding some more new salt water every few days, and doing great so far. No spikes in anything except I have been maintaining a constant 8.3-8.4 ph now effortlessly. Must be the huge open tops with lots of flow and surface movement and the frequent new water added.

Last edited:
It's finally full and running together! :D
After it clears up I will take some pics. (kinda stirred stuff up when I completed the loop)

Here's some pics

DSCN3925.jpg

DSCN3927.jpg

DSCN3928.jpg

DSCN3929.jpg

Yeah with these new pics I'll have to agree the Blue Tang looks fine.

Nice open brain! Very nice and unique setup!

I just need to find a better, more permanent light source for the shallow half at least. That old PC light doesn't have enough life left to grow corals, but the pistol shrimp and goby don't mind. They are the only ones in that side so far.

Did you notice I have 2 anemones now?:D
He finished dividing last night. One stayed where the mother was, and the other went just on the other side of the same rock and has stayed put so far.

Back