300G in-wall Build...still working on it!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefferMan

Fish out of water
OK all this has been a work in progress. In Wall, 4th level of the house. 8 months and still working on it (Were eating Top romen! lol). Going to be fish and SPS. This has a dedicated room for all the equipt, (No kids alowed lol access through a dead bolt!)

Tank = 300Acrillic with twin overflows.
Sump = 125 Acrillic
Flow = 2 Barracuda's (One CL, one tuned down for return)4 3/4 sea swirls.
Tunze osmolator for auto top off! Ahhhh!
Skimmer = Deltec AP702 with 0zone gen 50 ml
Lights = 6 x 2' t5's and 2 4' t5's various colors. 3 x 400watt ushio (se) MH
HQi and icecap 660's PFO reflectors.

Rock = 250 - 300 lbs of live rock, well seeded from previous tanks.
Sand = argonite aprox 400LB's

QT/Frag tank = 40g breeder with a tec 6 t'5 fixture! Love that thing! turbofloater skimmer on that with some maxy 1200's

Controller = Reeffkeeper 2

De-humidificaton = 300CFM exhaust fan exiting to outside.

Bear with me, im not much of a journalist, this is going to be a slow show of progress.

Delivery of tank to Home! Yippppiiiii

DSC01335.jpg

First thing was to head off a bearing wall in the lower level of the house.
destruction of the basement. Burnig of the Shag carpet!

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

NOw onto framing the wall to size, doing a lil drywall (I used moisture resistant)

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

My Trusty Helper Jewel the golden, always optimistic, see her Smile?

DSC01424.jpg

Lill more drywall!!!!!

DSC01495.jpg

Back View of tank inside the room.
DSC01382.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

More to come soon Folks!!!!!!!!! Gotta get back to work!

Last edited:
That is going to be real nice. I have something similar in mind when we get into a bigger place. I really like the idea of a deadbolt on the fish room :)

Ok now! This is when the wife was happy with the room, now onto the real goal at hand. Lol its all about the finish..... the room is 24 x 14 and theres a dog leg on one side thats 9 x 12

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

The dead bolt will insure that visitors will NOT feed the Fish! or put coins in the tank ect.

Krish! im moving to pork and beans! Mmmmm

Now onto the plumin! I was going for a system that would be easy to take apart without the help of a hack saw. Also i was going for a simple yet effective. As you will see in these pix, everything is dismantleable(how ever you spell that!lol) There are true unions on everything. First i plummed the closed loop, all 4 ends go to a sea swirl (4 in the front of the tank) Powered by a barracuda. Also in the pix you will see that if i ever wanted access to the tank from the front i could make that so real easy! Per wife! i have seen no reason for that so far. Who knows!

DSC02198.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

One of our durso's and a 1" return.

DSC02183.jpg

a pic of one side overflow, both have the slits down below that increase the suction or somthing.

DSC02185.jpg

Any cance on seeing the inside of the fish room where the water change barrels are etc. Is there plumbing from the tank to the house's main to the sewer for water changes.

A neighbor with a 375 Has it on hsi system and he just turns valves and turns pumps on and off and thats it !!

I see there is a furnace in the fish room. How is that working out ? Is it causing any heat temperature problems or maybe it's a heat pump that could cool the room ??

You just need some mold/trim on the outside of that nice tank!!

So far so good :)

Paul

Last edited:
i was lucky enough to find rock that was Well Cured for the tank, not just any would do! This piece is like 52Lbs and just about 3', Just a wonderfull piece.....I guess its back to eating top romen and pork-n-beans....lol

I dont have a main drain in this level of the house, so im getting a workout when WC's have to be done. Im going to plum up a tub for the drain water to go to, then it will get pumped out to the next level's drain, Though i am enjoying Pumpin some water! save some time off the gym..... lol.

OK, Im embarased! .... THere's so many dialed in tanks out there, and mine ISNT! Not yet....Just another 6 Mo's and lots of $$$$.... lol anyhow heres a few pix of my messy tank room. For Ventalation i went with a 300 CFM fart fan.....Now i have to use the gym sauna! lol i kinda miss it! lol

REMEMBER! VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! (You must be a reeffer < || > 18yrs of age to enter)

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

DSC02729.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

AHHHHH Deltec AHHHHH

DSC02727.jpg

The Frag tank..... tec 6 t-5 and future coral additions for the display

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

Some of the corals didnt take to the move....

DSC02734.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dudette! THere again, a work in progress.....I got the Ca REactor Going full blast...just gotta sit back and watch it Grow..

Thanks man, especially commin from an experianced reefferman! Still loads to do! i cant wait till the corals grow in, i have some nice stuff going in the tank...just not big enough for pix except this one!

DSC02655.jpg

did u talk the wife into making the outside of the the room entry above tank b4 u trim it out ?

Wife speaking...
I actually tried talking my husband into giving me access from the front of the tank. That's why there are three areas not covered with drywall on the inside, but Mike decided against it when he was finishing the room.

It made setting the rock a challange. I also can't scrape the back glass very easily, so it will be coraline covered instead of blue eventually.

Back