300gals Deep Dimension

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dang,

I've used Iwaki's before. They're good pumps and will last a long time, and arent too noisy. Have you looked at any of the other manufacturers for bigger pumps? The Darts, and Snappers are coming out now with a hybrid version. Its expensive up front, but the energy usage is less and it puts out a ton of flow. Might be something to look at.

Also, how thick is the glass on your 300DD?

Nick

I would say I'm suprised Dang but I'm not. I took just about the same amount of time off too. Looks like you have a great equipment list to left over to get you started. If all else fails you can put your iwaki in the crawl space to quiet it down. Also, if you put your tank on the right wall, you can leave your sump and frag tank in the garage to help ease of maintanance. Give me a call if you have any questions about the structural integrity about your selected spot in the house. It would be nice to see or hear from you again anyway.

Thats AWESOME Dang, I/we knew you would be back in the game bud. I'd also be happy to come down and give you a hand at system layout, maybe Duane and I can carpool down for a visit soon. Give me a call about the other Fishin' :fish2:

Cheers, Todd

i belived 1/2" starphire glass front and reg side side and back by 300 DDgals marineland DD
thank s for advise and info,,very interesting hybrid pump,i will look in to it:playball:
Dang,

I've used Iwaki's before. They're good pumps and will last a long time, and arent too noisy. Have you looked at any of the other manufacturers for bigger pumps? The Darts, and Snappers are coming out now with a hybrid version. Its expensive up front, but the energy usage is less and it puts out a ton of flow. Might be something to look at.

Also, how thick is the glass on your 300DD?

Nick

I would say I'm suprised Dang but I'm not. I took just about the same amount of time off too. Looks like you have a great equipment list to left over to get you started. If all else fails you can put your iwaki in the crawl space to quiet it down. Also, if you put your tank on the right wall, you can leave your sump and frag tank in the garage to help ease of maintanance. Give me a call if you have any questions about the structural integrity about your selected spot in the house. It would be nice to see or hear from you again anyway.

thank you in advance bud,,i knew i can not do this project alone and do it right by myself ,,, advise and expertise help musted when we get situated where to put the tank ,,thanks again

Thats AWESOME Dang, I/we knew you would be back in the game bud. I'd also be happy to come down and give you a hand at system layout, maybe Duane and I can carpool down for a visit soon. Give me a call about the other Fishin' :fish2:

Cheers, Todd
yeah yeah yeah,,,thank you thank you:yo:

almost get all my gears ready,,,,

water movement will be 2 tunze 6105/single controller and 2 sea whirl 3/4" sweep across from 1/3 and 3/4 from the back of the tank pushing by iwaki100 japanese made or something not making too much humm and noise//going to be in the house,,any experience you guy out there can give me some idea and advise,,i never had big tank in the house before,,just in the restaurant and in garage,,so never concern about humming and noise from the pump.

Dang if you do not have your tunze yet you might want to hold off and get the 6155 at the end of the year. I was just reading about them and they seem like the way to go.

Dang if you do not have your tunze yet you might want to hold off and get the 6155 at the end of the year. I was just reading about them and they seem like the way to go.

alright ,,6155 ohhhm i give Roger a call tomorrow,to see what is going on with 6155,,thank you for keep me update it ,,how is the weather is on your end ccoooold yet

alright ,,6155 ohhhm i give Roger a call tomorrow,to see what is going on with 6155,,thank you for keep me update it ,,how is the weather is on your end ccoooold yet[/QUOTE

Dang,
Ask Roger what the difference from the 6105 and the 6155? Roger offered to give me a upgrade kit for my 6105s. I have too much flow now. But the kit would be nice to have.

Best wishes!
Ed :)

ohh upgrade kit 6105 to 6155,how exciting,,so i do not need to buy the new pump ah ha,,just can't wait to to talk to Roger,,,too bad that i let the brand new7095 tunze controller go cheap cheap almost feel like give it away,,oh well live and learn,,but i still have 2-single controlr i can use..
thanks Ed,for more info,long time no see old buddy ,,love to meet up with you sometime..:yo:

yo bro...
very glad to hear your doing another tank!!!

as far as your return pump is concerned, if you want quiet, then i would do 2 eheim 1262's, and silicone hoses,
as opposed to a loud, massive external pump with big nasty pvc manifold for vibrations to travel through.
2 eheim 1262's would give you 1800gph before head pressure, so prolly like 1400-1500gph after 4' of head,
perfect for 300g through the sump.

and you def should do LED's imo... talk to mojo about the array he's building for his tank!!

Last edited:
Skimmy,
I wanted to show you a pump I got recently. I am really impressed with it as far as quiet. Its a Water Blaster pump with ceramic internals. I have the 5000 model. I have not heard anything bad about these pumps as of yet. Maybe someone will chime in? They have a 7000 model that does 1800 gph. It is very energy efficient compared to other pumps. 5000 is very quiet all you hear is water return. I want to recommend this pump.

Water Blaster HY 7000 Circulating Water Pump - AquaCave

Dang, it's been too long since you've been over. I have incredible flow from a SuperGold Dart rated 4300gph and probably pushing 3500gph maxing out my overflow teeth. And is dead silent! My overflows w/internal BeanAnimal returns make all my noise. Sometime come buy and get some ideas for lighting. You may plan to have to refill the CO2 more often than you think. My GEO618 is running full tilt and re-filling everything 2x year just to keep reactor around 6.4ph.

P.S.
My family says no to going bigger than 250DD LOL...so I'll be thinning coral again in December.

yeah,,:bounce:,,glad to hear from you ,when we planed to be in Renton H in the near future,,i wil look you up and check out the pump and your system ,thank you for the pump info,,pm me your phone # if you don't mind.

yo bro...
very glad to hear your doing another tank!!!

as far as your return pump is concerned, if you want quiet, then i would do 2 eheim 1262's, and silicone hoses,
as opposed to a loud, massive external pump with big nasty pvc manifold for vibrations to travel through.
2 eheim 1262's would give you 1800gph before head pressure, so prolly like 1400-1500gph after 4' of head,

that is the great idea too very much 2-- 1262 Ehiem,,never throughout of that,,thanks again skim my

perfect for 300g through the sump.

and you def should do LED's imo... talk to mojo about the array he's building for his tank!!

with 2--Ehiem 1262..:rockon:

from my old 2- UV 40w each continuous flow controlled by the my Octopus 3000 controller to control ORP level to turn UV bulb on /off on individual one when ORP too higher than set level(will alarmed) and turn UV bulb back on when ORP below set level(alarmed),,all alarmed will be sound and page to my cell with text code,,,,i do not think will be O3 generator?? in my new system?
how you guy think?? is it gonna work ?
uv.jpg

Back